Fellow and Scholar applications are now closed.
Symposium Participants, $450
The Symposium Track is open to all interested conductors regardless of experience or background. This Track focuses on enhancing beautiful and communicative conducting gestures through private lessons and increasing participants' knowledge about working with an orchestra and chorus through observation and as a singer. Reading sessions of new music as well as group sessions about choral pedagogy and technique will be held specifically for Symposium Track participants.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume through our online application portal, along with an application fee. There is no video requirement.
Conducting Academy Eligibility Information and Application Requirements
Conducting Fellows, $1,300
The Fellows Program is designed for conductors who have a primary interest in working with choral music and would like to improve their skills working with orchestras. The following categories of applicants are encouraged to apply:
- Applicants who currently serve as conductors of independent or religiously affiliated choruses
- Applicants who currently serve as conductors of choruses affiliated with educational institutions
- Applicants who have completed an advanced degree in choral conducting, but do not currently serve as a conductor
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an advanced degree program in conducting
Applicants for the Fellows program will be required to submit video excerpts that will be reviewed by the Academy faculty selection committee. A video with orchestra is suggested but not required. Registration is limited to 12 Fellows and notification will take place by March 7, 2019.
Conducting Scholars, $950
The Scholars Program is designed for any conductor or conducting student who wishes to learn and become more comfortable with choral-orchestral conducting. Educational training and experience in the field of choral conducting is assumed. The following categories of applicants are encouraged to apply:
- Applicants who have experience conducting at an educational institution, or an independent or religiously affiliated chorus
- Applicants who have completed an undergraduate program in music
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in music
Applicants for the Scholars program will be required to submit video excerpts that will be reviewed by the Academy faculty selection committee. A video with orchestra is suggested but not required. Registration is limited to 16 Scholars. Scholar applicants will be notified no later than May 1, 2019.