This year, Chorus America's Conducting Academy includes a Symposium Track based on the University of Michigan's annual adult summer intensive program. Experience the University of Michigan's successful program and learn from both Symposium Track faculty and Conducting Academy faculty alike. The Symposium Track is open to all interested conductors regardless of experience or background.
Program Description: $450
The Symposium Track focuses on enhancing beautiful and communicative conducting gestures through private lessons and increasing participants' knowledge about working with an orchestra and chorus through observation and as a singer. View the full Symposium Track schedule here.
- Symposium Track Only Sessions: Reading sessions of new music as well as group sessions about choral pedagogy and technique will be held specifically for Symposium Track participants.
- Repertoire and Conducting Lessons: Participants will receive private conducting lessons with University of Michigan faculty. Specific required edition information to come.
- Singing in a Performance Setting: Participants will be part of the Academy chorus, including during the final performance in Hill Auditorium.
- Observation of Podium Time: Participants will observe faculty instruction of the Fellows and Scholars, in addition to receiving private conducting lessons.
- Faculty Forums: Participants will have full access to the faculty forums.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume through our online application portal, along with an application fee. There is no video requirement.