The ADEI Learning Lab will be held over four weeks and involves about 20 hours of total coursework. The program consists of two units; the first half focuses on individual identity and experiences, while the second half focuses on how we translate these basic individual principles into our choruses.
- Four-week program length
- 90 minutes per week of live interactive guided discussion
- Approximately 2-3 hours per week of reading and assignments
- Attendance at live Learning Lab sessions is required (two options are offered for each session)
Structure and Guidelines
- We strongly encourage participants to register with a partner from their organization (a maximum of three participants per organization is allowed)
- The Learning Lab will be administered using Canvas, an interactive, user-friendly learning management system.
- The program consists of a live interactive session each week, offered at two different times (participants can choose the time that works for them), with readings and assignments between sessions that participants complete on their own time.
- Live sessions will include conversations with guest choral leaders who are, and have been, engaged in intentional, tangible ADEI work with their organizations. Participants will have opportunities to hear the approaches, challenges, and successes of their peers in taking on this work, and to ask questions as they consider what’s next for their choruses.
Schedule of Live Sessions
*Attendance at live Learning Lab sessions is required. Each weekly lab will be offered twice: Wednesday 4:30-6:00pm ET and Friday 2:30-4:00pm ET; participants choose one per week to attend.
- Orientation - Monday, October 4 | 1:00-2:30pm ET
- Week 1 - Oct. 6, 4:30-6pm ET OR Oct. 8, 2:30-4pm ET
- Week 2 - Oct. 13, 4:30-6pm ET OR Oct. 15, 2:30-4pm ET
- Week 3 - Oct. 20, 4:30-6pm ET OR Oct. 22, 2:30-4pm ET
- Week 4 - Oct. 27, 4:30-6pm ET OR Oct. 29, 2:30-4pm ET
- Wrap-up - Monday, November 1 | 1:00-2:30pm ET