The Chorus Management Institute (CMI) is a three-day intensive workshop that gives participants tools, strategies, and a professional network they can put to immediate use. Attendees work with expert faculty members in interactive, practical seminars on strategic thinking and planning, governance and board development, communications and marketing, and fundraising. Working in teams, they learn best practices from seasoned choral leaders and make valuable professional connections that last a lifetime.
CMIs get consistently rave reviews and are offered at economical rates, presented with support from the National Endowment for the Arts and other regional funders in each location. Information about upcoming CMIs will be posted here as information becomes available. Our new e-Chorus Management Institute (e-CMI) delivers the CMI's wealth of information and hands-on approach in a convenient online format.
"I was just totally impressed with the faculty. I've been to a lot of professional development sessions over the years, and I think this was the best I've ever attended." —Ann Drinan, Executive Director, CONCORA (CT)
Recent Chorus Management Institutes
- August 2016: Toronto, ON (hosted by Choirs Ontario)
- October 2012: Indianapolis, IN (hosted by the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir)
- September 2011: Rochester, NY (hosted by the Greater Rochester Choral Consortium)
- June 2011: San Francisco, CA (held during the Chorus America Annual Conference)
- January 2011: Washington, DC
- October 2010: Boston, MA (hosted by the Boston Children's Chorus)
- June 2010: Atlanta, GA (held during the Chorus America Annual Conference)