Chorus America stands with the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community in response to the recent rise in anti-Asian violence and in acknowledging the longstanding, structural nature of anti-Asian racism. As we've talked more as a staff and checked in with members of our AAPI community, we wanted to add to our Facebook post from last week with some additional resources. Below, you'll find more suggestions for organizations to support and links for further learning.
We're grateful to the members of our AAPI community who generously shared their recommendations with us. In sourcing these, we did not find any resources addressing the AAPI experience that were specific to the choral field or many specific to the broader musical field. We welcome additional recommendations, which you can send to [email protected]. These resources and the opportunity to add to them will continue to inform our future planning around ADEI work as well.
- 18 Million Rising - An organization promoting AAPI civic engagement, influence, and movement by leveraging the power of technology and social media
- Anti-Asian Violence Resources - A comprehensive collection of resources gathered to help individuals educate others, take action, donate, and more.
- Asian Musical Voices of America - An organization that builds community among self-identified Asian Americans working and creating in classical music and engages in activism to lift up BIPOC musical voices working and creating within the field.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice (AAJC) - An organization fighting for civil rights and empowering Asian Americans to create a more just America for all.
- How to take action against anti-Asian racism at work and in your personal life - CNBC.com article sourcing advice from AAPI advocates about what you can do to help stop anti-Asian racism and support the Asian community right now.
- Hollaback! Bystander Intervention Training - Free bystander intervention training to stop anti-Asian and xenophobic harrassment