Chorus America's board of directors has adopted a series of statements and a strategic plan that guide its work.
We envision a future where choral singing is valued and supported as a vital part of every community and accessible to all―bridging cultures, ethnicities, and generations.
Chorus America's mission is to build a dynamic and inclusive choral community so that more people are transformed by the beauty and power of choral singing.
Guiding Principles and Beliefs
- We value artistic achievement and innovation. We are committed to supporting and inspiring choral singers, conductors, and composers throughout their careers, both vocational and avocational.
- We value service and knowledge. We believe that our leadership, responsiveness, and professionalism are vital to developing and sustaining a robust and prosperous choral community. We are committed to collecting and analyzing significant data about the choral field and disseminating the results using current technologies.
- We value effective management and governance. Choruses and Chorus America are at their best when they can rely on qualified, visionary, and transparent board and staff leadership.
- We value children and their role in our future. We believe that all children deserve access to high-quality singing experiences and are committed to promoting choral singing as a life-long activity.
- We value inclusivity and embrace diversity. We are committed to including all communities and cultures and to expanding the diversity of the choral repertoire.
- We value collaboration. We are committed to building partnerships and sharing expertise with members, colleagues, funders, arts service organizations, and the public.
- We value participation and community engagement. We believe that choral singing can foster understanding and serve as a catalyst for positive social change.
Guided by these statements, Chorus America adopted a strategic plan to direct its current work. Download the current strategic plan here.