Chorus America's board of directors has adopted a series of statements and a strategic plan that guide its work.
We envision a future where choral singing is a vital part of every community and accessible to all―bridging cultures, ethnicities, and generations.
Chorus America's mission is to build and connect a dynamic and inclusive choral community so that more people are transformed by the beauty and power of choral singing.
Chorus America values:
- Artistic achievement. We are committed to supporting and inspiring choral singers, conductors, and composers throughout their careers, both vocational and avocational.
- Collaboration. We are committed to building partnerships and sharing expertise with members, colleagues, funders, organizations, and the public.
- Effective management and governance. We believe that choruses and Chorus America are at their best when they can rely on qualified, visionary, and transparent board and staff leadership.
- Inclusivity and diversity. We are committed to expanding the diversity of the choral community, including language, ethnicity, race, and religion, as well as crosscutting characteristics such as gender, sexual orientation, and range of ability and age.
- Innovation. We encourage choruses to stretch the boundaries of their creative thinking, using new approaches to their work that will lead to dynamic organizations that stay current and vital for their communities.
- Life-long learning. We believe that all people deserve access to singing experiences and are committed to promoting choral singing as an enriching activity.
- Participation and community engagement. We believe that choral signing can foster understanding and serve as a catalyst for positive social change.
- Service and knowledge. We believe that our leadership, responsiveness, and professionalism are vital to developing and sustaining a robust and prosperous choral community. We are committed to collecting and analyzing significant data about the choral field and disseminating the results using current technologies.
Guided by these statements, Chorus America adopted a strategic plan to direct its current work.