Programs & Membership Associate
Founded in 1977, Chorus America is the advocacy, research, and leadership development organization that advances the choral field. We support and serve choral conductors, administrators, board members, and singers with tools, training, peer-networking, and access so that choruses are better able to contribute to their communities. Chorus America has over 2,000 members; a 9-member, well-respected staff; and an annual budget of $1.4 million.
Chorus America is introducing a new full-time position; the programs & membership associate is responsible for providing superb customer service and plays a significant role in the organization’s programmatic strength. The associate should be committed to providing an excellent membership and programs experience, have an eagerness to learn, take initiative and be able to work independently, and have an enthusiasm for the arts. The associate should possess strong skills in developing, maintaining, and improving program implementation and office systems. The associate requires the highest degree of professionalism, poise, and ability to treat sensitive materials confidentially. Attention to detail and ability to balance many tasks concurrently are crucial.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Serve as primary Conference assistant, aide in the following:
- Administer speaker contracts in online software
- Plan and implement networking opportunities at conference, coordinating with facilitators and venues
- Assist in research for future performing ensembles at Conference and schedule planning calls
- Participate as a member of a Conference planning team and as on-site program staff
- Serve as primary Conducting Academy assistant, aide in the following:
- Support applicants and participants as the primary customer service contact, assist with registration and other questions
- Work with the Conducting Academy team in program design and planning, particularly in schedule design
- Participate in the Conducting Academy as one of two on-site staff, implement program activities and serve as a resource for participants and faculty
- Support annual awards program, aide in the following:
- schedule panel conversations
- serve as a technical and software support resource for applicants
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage main phone line and membership@ email inbox to address any member needs with excellent customer service, answering questions and/or forwarding them to other colleagues as appropriate
- Administer membership renewal process including letter and email invoicing, phone calls, faxing, emails, and record maintenance
- Administer regular emails to renewing, rejoining, and new members encouraging them to update their information and use their benefits.
- Monitor and update membership benefits in the database including but not limited to financial transactions, benefits, create and update member records in an accurate and consistent way
- Work with membership staff in implementing membership campaigns, projects and initiatives, including regular membership reporting, prospecting research, and lapser campaigns
- Associate’s degree (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Experience with an industry-standard database (Blackbaud, CiviCRM, etc.) is preferred
- High level of attention to detail
- Committed team player with outstanding customer service skills
- Strong follow-up and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software (Outlook, Work, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a flexible and positive approach to problem solving
- Knowledge and appreciation of music or the arts is desired
- Ability to travel occasionally for on-site program work, sometimes including weekends. Travel typically lasts between 2 days and 1 week per trip, intermittently throughout the year. Annual travel total is approximately 2-4 weeks.
Chorus America is a registered 501(c)3 not for profit organization and an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
Chorus America offers a salary range of $35,000-40,000 to commensurate with skills and experience. The organization provides full-time employees with medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and access to a 403(b) retirement plan.
Submit the following materials to anne (at) chorusamerica.org with the subject line “Your name + Programs and Membership Associate”
- Cover letter demonstrating interest and ability to perform the job responsibilities outlined above; and
- Resume demonstrating experience and education
Materials will be reviewed on a first come first serve basis with priority given to applications received by December 20, 2019.