The Online Chorus Management Institute is a 13-week program that includes an orientation session and four three-week courses focused on Strategic Planning, Governance, Fundraising, and Marketing and Communications. The Institute will be run on Canvas, an interactive, user-friendly learning management system.
Instructional content for each week will be released on Mondays, with a full week to complete all assignments at your convenience. To get the most out of the Institute, you should plan to spend approximately 1.5 hours per week on your work.
The Institute runs the weeks of October 14-January 27 (with breaks the week of November 25 or the weeks of December 23 and 30 to accommodate the holidays).
- Who your organization is
- Who you serve and what you care about
- A plan to help you reach your goals
- A framework for effective leadership and a plan to recruit your board
- A strategy and the tools you need for efficient meetings
- Steps to manage your organizations transitions
- Identifying your target audience(s) and reaching them effectively
- Creating compelling content that engages current and undiscovered audiences
- Leveraging your own data to make smarter, more effective decisions
- Optimizing your communications to bring the most results
- Using the right tools to manage your communications campaign
- How to manage an annual fundraising campaign
- How to use storytelling to build engagement
- How to identify funding opportunities including grants, sponsorships, and special events
- How to engage and cultivate individual donors