Annual Fund Manager
The Los Angeles Master Chorale seeks qualified candidates to fill the role of Annual Fund Manager, an integral position within the Advancement team. The Annual Fund Manager is responsible for developing renewal, retention, and acquisition strategies with respect to the Master Chorale’s individual donors giving up to $10,000 per year. The Annual Fund Manager designs and executes direct mail and telefunding campaigns; cultivates and stewards donors to the Friends program; creates and maintains biographical and financial information for donors and prospects; and manages donor recognition programs. S/he is accountable for meeting annual, Board-approved fundraising goals.
- Oversee acquisition, retention and cultivation of contributions from individuals to the Master Chorale’s Annual Fund ($1 - $10,000).
- With guidance from Chief Advancement Officer, design and manage revenue and expense budgets and strategies for Annual Fund campaigns.
- Identify and steward the community of Friends of the Los Angeles Master Chorale; determine and execute tactics to upgrade donors to higher giving levels within the Annual Fund.
- Identify prospects whose profiles indicate the potential for major and planned giving. Liaise with Advancement team about members with greater potential.
- Manage direct mail and telefunding campaigns; oversee print, mail and fulfillment timelines with outside vendors.
- Use the Master Chorale’s customer-relations management platform (Tessitura) to set parameters for list generation and segmentation in connection with campaigns and for general analytical purposes, as well as provide regular performance and reconciliation reports for all donor segments to internal and external leadership.
- Collaborate with the Marketing department to coordinate campaign schedules with subscription renewals.
- Manage benefit fulfillment for the Annual Fund and other individual giving appeals.
- Support the Chief Advancement Officer in the management of the Leadership Circle and Artistic Director’s Circle programs, including gift acknowledgement and benefits fulfillment.
- Enter donor information into database, including gift details, name and address, and other highly confidential and sensitive information. Process and acknowledge gifts in accordance with approved turnaround and accuracy standards– with back-up support from Executive and Advancement Assistant and Administration Department staff.
- Generate and file correspondence related to gift processing, including gift receipts, tribute notification letters and pledge documentation.
- Track and retrieve gift information; answer phone inquiries from donors.
- Coordinate with department staff to ensure accuracy of gift designations.
- Perform maintenance projects such as coding events, donor ratings, committee membership, leadership survey information, and updating and archiving data.
- Explore new strategies to maximize revenue.
- Attend Master Chorale concerts and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; 3-5 years successful administrative experience working in donor-related services for a nonprofit organization (preferably arts non-profit).
- Proven ability to work with volunteer leaders, donors and patrons.
- Maintain organization’s confidentiality requirements with regard to patron information, including exercising discretion, managing information distribution controls, secure filing and disposal, and records retention and storage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer skills, with meticulous attention to detail. Use MSWord/Excel as well as Internet and e-mail programs proficiently.
- Experience with Tessitura strongly preferred.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with all contacts—internal and external. Work well with diverse patron and peer base.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
Demonstrated ability to set goals and organize workload throughout the day to meet project timelines and deadlines.
A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and excellent benefits will be provided.
Please submit a cover letter specifying how your experience relates to this position with the LA Master Chorale and a current résumé.
Please attach documents in .pdf or .doc format and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.