Marketing & Communications Manager
The Cathedral Choral Society, in residence at Washington National Cathedral, seeks a Marketing & Communications Manager.
The Marketing & Communications Manager supports the achievement of ticket revenue goals and an increase in awareness of the Cathedral Choral Society through publications, advertisements, communications, and online presence.
This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with all staff to achieve the organization’s strategic goals.
ESSENTIAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Public Relations, Communications, & Publications
- In collaboration with CCS staff, develop a broad social media strategy and timeline, and implement as needed to best engage organizational stakeholders.
- Create, manage, proof, process and distribute e-newsletters and e-blasts.
- Manage all external concert listings on various websites.
- Update the CCS website on a regular basis; ensuring information is current and accurate.
- Edit all written materials.
- Manage the timeline and print process for concert programs, including content curation, collection, and editing.
- Prepare concert PowerPoint slides for concerts.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop effective plans and strategies that will achieve the organization’s subscription revenue goals.
- Create, implement and oversee subscription marketing/sales plans, timelines, and pricing for both renewals and acquisitions.
- Develop retention strategies with staff, including systematic patron appreciation, education, feedback, and service and loyalty programs.
Single Ticket Marketing
- Work with the Executive Director to create and implement single ticket marketing/sales plans.
- Create, implement and communicate positioning, target markets, advertising and promotional collateral. Duties include copywriting, design and production for all print, direct mail, radio, television, outdoor, web-based or e-marketing, flyers, posters, etc. Work with the Executive Director to negotiate effective media buys and added value promotions. Work with various media sales representatives and agencies to determine suitable media for specific products. Review media audits. Request and track proposals for media campaigns.
- Coordinate cost-effective marketing partnerships with sponsors, third party advertisers and media providing added value to the campaigns.
- Monitor the day-to-day progress of the single ticket marketing plans making necessary adjustments to achieve the revenue and attendance goals.
- Develop a group sales strategy and establish appropriate group sales goals for each season.
- Continue to cultivate existing group sales patrons.
- Maintain group sales database and prospect lists.
Patron Experience Manager
- Develop resources and events that connect patrons with information that sets the context and adds value to the concert experience. This position is responsible for ensuring that these activities are communicated proactively and regularly to patrons.
- Solicit feedback from our audience, members, and donors. This includes recording patron-initiated feedback, tracking customer service issues, implementing and reporting on ‘tell us what you think surveys’, facilitating issue-prompted surveys, focus groups, and more.
- Analyze audience activity, attendance rates and trends as requested by the Executive Director.
Administrative & Other
- Develop, tracking and monitor Audience Development budgets and forecasts.
- Promote awareness of the annual fundraising events.
- Promote awareness of community engagement events.
- Attend and report at Board meetings and Board Committee meetings as requested.
- Attend concerts and liaise with media representatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a marketing and/or communications role preferably with an arts organization. Candidates with experience in writing, editing, social media, and advertising will be an excellent fit, and comfort with tracking data accurately and thoroughly is a must. Demonstrated capability in digital and print design is an asset. Candidates may be strong in some areas and willing to learn in others. We value candidates from all backgrounds who are motivated to build a portfolio of success in the arts, enjoy a collaborative work environment, and love to learn.
COMPENSATION: This position is approximately ¾ time (30 hours per week) with possibility for future expansion. Salary range: $35,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample (press release, communications copy, etc.) in a single .pdf file to the attention of:
Christopher Eanes, Executive Director
Cathedral Choral Society
Position open until filled.