Operations and Administrative Associate
The Operations and Administrative Associate reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for providing administrative/operational support for Seattle Pro Musica.
Purpose and Objective
Provide administrative support for Seattle Pro Musica’s operational, fundraising, marketing, and concert needs. Function as administrative support staff to the Executive Director and the Artistic Director. Provide operational support for programs, concerts, and fundraising events.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage ticket, subscription, and merchandise sales, including processing and fufilling orders by phone and in person.
- Provide administrative support for development and fundraising activities, including data entry, management of donor database, and annual appeals.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, maintain information systems, databases, member rosters, donor information, mailing distribution list, and email distribution lists.
- Provide administrative and operational support for the annual fundraising auction/gala, including data entry, management of auction inventory and database, and on-site management. Serve as onsite Auction Manager.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, plan and execute front-of-house and box office operations for concerts and events. Serve as House Manager during performances.
- Maintain the music library collection and database, including circulation of music to choir members.
- Assist in recruitment and management of volunteers for concert production, auction, and office projects.
- Assist Executive Director and Artistic Director with tasks as assigned.
- Complete general office mantenance and management duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will share a passion for and commitment to the mission and artistic vision of Seattle Pro Musica. The candidate will possess strong customer service and organizational skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Experience with database entry is a plus. The candidate must possess energy, enthusiasm, and initiative; must be detail-oriented and capable of managing multiple tasks on a daily basis. Candidate must be experienced in working in support of and as part of a high-energy team in a deadline-driven environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills are highly desirable. Customer service, events management, and administrative experience preferred.
Seattle Pro Musica is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SPM's policy, in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination, is to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to any classification which is or may be recognized as a protected class under applicable laws or ordinances. These classes include but are not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, familial status, parental status, veteran's status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, and disability (mental, sensory, physical, or use of a service animal).
Anticipated start date of July 15, 2019. Apx. 40 hrs/wk with occasional overtime in support of performances/events. Hourly position; healthcare stipend of $300/mo; annual salary $38,500-$40,000 DOE. Specific hours variable, dependent upon event schedule, with some evening and weekend hours required. Anticipated 2019-20 schedule available upon inquiry.