The Oratorio Society of Virginia, Charlottesville’s longest running community-based chorus, seeks a part-time Executive Director (ED). The ED is responsible for promoting the goals of the organization by handling non-musical administrative and management tasks for the Society. Responsibilities include working with the Executive Committee, committee chairs, the Music Director, and volunteers in support of the day-to-day business activities of the Society and serving as a contact for the Society in its business relationships, including collaborations with other arts organizations. The time commitment will average 25-30 hours/week, but with an ebb and flow according to concert or event scheduling.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required.
• Excellent management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrated success and understanding of fundraising, marketing, and public relations.
• Volunteer management experience and ability to engage and energize a wide range of stakeholders.
• Knowledge of and/or experience in arts administration and non-profit organizations, to include the grant writing process.
• The ED must be passionate about the Vision and Mission of The Oratorio Society of Virginia and convey its purpose and potential as a fundamental function of the role.
• Familiarity with the greater Charlottesville area/Virginia arts communities is valued.
• Competency using Microsoft Word, Excel and social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
For more information about the Oratorio Society of Virginia, visit www.oratoriosociety.org
The annual salary for this position is $25,000, paid in equal monthly installments.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resumé via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Diane Kingsbury, c/o The Oratorio Society of Virginia, P.O. Box 5073, Charlottesville, VA 22905. Questions can be directed to Ms. Kingsbury at the e-mail above, or phone/text (434) 972-2855. Review of applications will begin June 17, 2019, but the position will remain open until filled.