The Gay Men’s Chorus of South Florida is seeking an accomplished and creative Assistant Conductor. With 130+ men on its singing roster, the Gay Men’s Chorus of South Florida is the largest gay men’s chorus in the Southeast. The Chorus performs a robust season with three mainstage concert series, plus additional smaller musical events. The work produced by the position is assigned and approved by the Artistic Director and Conductor (AD). This is a contract position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attend and participate in rehearsals on a regular basis
- Lead vocal coaching sessions for designated individuals
- Conduct rehearsals and performances in the absence of the AD
- Rehearse and conduct assigned concert selections
- Conduct sectional rehearsals as assigned
- Participate in auditions as requested
- Handle music licensing and rehearsal recordings as needed
- Assist the Artistic Planning Team and the AD in repertoire selection and programming as requested
- Serve as the Conductor of vocal ensembles as may be assigned
- Provide additional support to the AD and the artistic team as may be required
- Position works primarily evenings and weekends with occasional daytime commitments required
- A minimum of two years conducting experience
- A Master’s Degree in Choral Conducting preferred
This is a contract position that pays $840 monthly.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.