Join an inspiring team with the opportunity for ongoing education and advancement.
Now expanding to multiple locations across the US.
YPC National seeks Conductors for full-time positions available in multiple locations throughout the US at YPC-inspired choruses. The Conductors will work with YPC National artistic team to create and produce curriculum, evaluations, and concerts and to understand the needs in program administration and special projects specific to each location. This position includes ongoing training with YPC Founder/Artistic Director Francisco J. Núñez and Associate Artistic Director Elizabeth Núñez. Position will begin in August 2019.
About the Young People's Chorus of New York City:
The award-winning Young People’s Chorus of New York City (YPC) is a world-renowned youth chorus founded in 1988 by YPC Artistic Director and MacArthur Fellow Francisco J. Núñez. YPC is comprised of nearly 2,000 children between its core after-school ensembles, two community programs and 21 public schools. The YPC mission is to provide children of diverse abilities and ethnic backgrounds with a unique program of music education and choral performance that seeks to fulfill each child’s musical potential, while creating a model of artistic excellence and harmony that enriches the community. YPC presents and participates in more than 100 performances per season. For more information, please visit www.ypc.org.
About YPC National:
YPC National, Inc. supports and inspires youth choruses and choral conductors across the country with a program of artistic excellence, diversity, and education modeled on the Young People’s Chorus of New York City (YPC). We use the YPC model to bring together children of various backgrounds to sing at the highest artistic level. In turn, they gain understanding, appreciation, and mutual respect for cultures and identities that enrich the communities they live in. Through this model, children learn to recognize the value of everyone’s voice.
competetive annual salary
- Bachelor of Arts (required) or Master’s (desired) degree in choral conducting or music education
- Experience conducting and teaching
- Piano competency
- Knowledge of and competence in conducting all styles of music
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a large and diverse team
- Desire to work in multiple environments
Application must include:
- Cover letter
- Video recording (YouTube or Dropbox preferred) including:
- A one to two minute self-introduction
- Conducting or teaching footage (not to exceed 10 minutes) of:
- Warm-ups in the rehearsal setting
- Front view of conductor rehearsing 2 pieces of contrasting styles
- One letter of professional reference with contact e-mail and phone number
Electronic submissions desired; cell phone video quality acceptable. Please clearly mark all application materials with first and last name. Video links should include a table of contents outlining material incorporated such as repertoire and composers.
Please send materials to:
YPC National, Inc.
37 West 65th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10023