Kairos Music Academy Seeks Service-minded, Dedicated & Skilled
Administrative Director in 2019
Kairos Music Academy, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is the home of Kairos, Berkeley’s premier youth chorus for children ages 6 through 14. The singers have 10- 12 performances per year in Berkeley and Oakland, including their famous 4 performances of a Musical Theater show in the spring. Once every two years, the advanced choir goes on tour (domestic or international) in the summer.
While the organization is independent, it has had strong ties within the community in Berkeley and Oakland for over 25 years. KMA operates out of a welcoming church building in North Berkeley, where rehearsals are held twice a week and
where our office is located. The inspiring team, consisting of two to three choir directors, two accompanists, three high-school-age student assistants, an off-site social media assistant, and the administrative director, is supported by a committed community of parent volunteers, a board of directors, and our singers’ many fans. Read more about Kairos Music Academy on our website at kairosmusicacademy.org
To enhance the choir's continuing growth, Kairos Music Academy is looking for an Administrative Director paid hourly for 16-30 hours a week. The Administrative Director reports to the Artistic Director /Executive Director. The Administrative director supervises the student assistants, parent volunteers, and the remote social media assistant, and coordinates tasks with community liaisons, staff at concert and rehearsal venues, graphic designer, and bookkeeper.
The Admin Director works with Executive/Artistic Director to facilitate all administrative functions, including business, publicity, marketing, and development.
<!--break-->Duties & Responsibilities:
•Facilitate recruitment of new choir members: promotion through email announcements, social media, answering email and phone inquiries.
• Schedule and manage auditions in close collaboration with AD. Facilitate admissions.
• Student-related admin tasks: updating student roster, updating database, attendance lists, track parents’ volunteer hours, creating documents and labels, answering emails from parents, sometimes by phone or text message.
•Finance-related admin tasks: create tuition invoices for families, keep track of tuition payments, pay bills, keep all paperwork current for bookkeeper. Provide quarterly financial reports for AD and board of directors, in collaboration with bookkeeper. Coordinate yearly State and Federal Tax Returns with bookkeeper.
The person we are looking for
• has strong administrative and organizational skills
• has *attention to detail* as their middle name
• loves solving problems
• is an excellent communicator, in person as well as in writing, has excellent spelling, and good writing skills
• is completely comfortable with reporting back on work/tasks to co-workers on weekly, sometimes daily basis
• has experience in the world of classical music, choral music, and/or musical theater, either as an administrator or a performer, or both
• has a warm, inviting personality
• is comfortable reporting to the AD/ED during weekly in-person meetings
• lives locally or is willing to relocate
• is available to be in the office on rehearsal days/times, roughly 4 pm to 7 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays (vital to understanding the organization and maintaining good communication with parents)
• is available to work on weekends: 1-2 weekends in March, 2-3 weekends in April May, 2 weekends in December• has experience with Excel, Word, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Forms.
<!--break-->• Not required, but a definite plus, is experience with:
• Quickbooks for non-profits
• admin work for schools or other youth organizations
• graphic design
• social media
• website management
• Brown Paper Tickets, EventBrite and/or other ticket system• managing/training teenage interns
• board development
• fundraising campaigns
Estimated hours 16-30 per week.
Compensation: Hourly, to be negotiated based on candidate's experience & qualifications. Competitive within current job market, and with opportunities for growth and development. Excellent career opportunity for the right individual as we seek to expand further in the very near future.
Location: North Berkeley, CA easily accessible from the Berkeley BART station and AC Transit.
Submit Resume / cover letter to: KMA Search Team at email@example.com
with subject heading KMA Admin Director Job