Director of Artistic Production
The Director of Artistic Production is responsible for administering the artistic production operations for Pacific Chorale’s concert season and guest appearances. Working directly with the Artistic Director, President/CEO and other members of the staff, this person coordinates all production-related logistics for rehearsals and performances of Pacific Chorale such as maintenance of the music library, setting the season schedule, coordination of rehearsal logistics, and oversight of services when the Chorale is in residence at the Segerstrom Center and other performance venues. Additionally, the Director of Artistic Production collaborates directly with the Artistic Director and President/CEO to implement multi-year artistic plans and develop and monitor the annual artistic production budget. This person serves as an integral link between the artistic and administrative teams and our institutional collaborators and must be highly collaborative, professional, organized and creative in order to support the Artistic Director’s vision while stewarding the organization’s resources.
- Provide direct support to the Artistic Director to prepare all concert and rehearsal logistics and materials before all rehearsal and concert services
- Provide on-site production logistics management for rehearsals, performances and special events
- Coordinate with the Artistic Director, Personnel Manager and artistic staff to produce rosters, seating charts, and artist communications in a timely manner
- Serve as the primary production contact to the Segerstrom Center, Pacific Symphony, and other performance venues’ and presenters’ technical staffs
- Participate in the implementation of current and multi-year artistic planning including the preparation and monitoring of artistic production expense budgets
- Responsible for pre-season music administration and planning, including the ordering and preparing of music, developing rehearsal schedules, and reserving rehearsal/performance venues
- Engage and contract guest artists and ensembles and arrange housing and travel, as necessary
- Oversee the management of the Music Library and supervise the part-time Music Librarian/Production Assistant
- Provide production support and guidance as needed for pre-/post-concert activities, standalone audience engagement and patron events, and education and community events, as needed
- Manage annual audition process, contract professional chorus members, maintain volunteer chorister attendance records, and approve professional artist payrolls
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of progressive experience working in the performing arts, preferably with a role in artistic operations or production
- Ability to read music and a working knowledge of classical music
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and email
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- A self-directed individual who also values contributing within a small, but highly collaborative and dedicated team
- Must possess a high degree of tact, professionalism and discretion interfacing with a wide range of professional and volunteer musicians and administrators
- Strategic problem solver who has excellent self-management skills to work effectively on multiple planning horizons with the ability to shift priorities and react thoughtfully, quickly and calmly to resolve issues in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- May be required to lift up to 30 pounds either alone or with assistance
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule which will include a mix of traditional weekday office hours and evening and weekend rehearsals and performances
For a complete position description, visit: https://www.pacificchorale.org/contact-us/jobs/
Pacific Chorale offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and interest for this position and a current résumé to email@example.com.
Please include the applicant’s name and Director of Artistic Production in the email subject line. Please attach all documents as .doc or .pdf formats.
For more information about Pacific Chorale, please visit www.pacificchorale.org.
Pacific Chorale is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and actively and enthusiastically seeks a diverse pool of candidates.