Berkshire Apprentice Program
Sing and Learn While Working!
Berkshire Choral International offers a competitive apprentice program for professional-track undergraduate and graduate students. It’s an opportunity for singers, accompanists, and choral conductors (all must sing) to intensively study and rehearse major orchestral works with eminent conductors.
- Five hours of choral rehearsals each day
- Classes taught by our professional music staff
- Private lessons and coaching
- Master classes
- Group recital
- Participation in Saturday night concert
Travel to one of these three places:
- Boston, MA (June 23-30, 2019)
- Richmond, VA (July 7-14, 2019)
- Prague, Czech Republic (August 4-11, 2019)
(You may apply for more than one week)
Visit our website for more information!
Room, board, travel stipend:
As an apprentice, you’ll receive room and board, a travel stipend, and all the vocal scores. In return, you’ll be required to assist in various ways, including facilitating rehearsals and assisting staff on registration days.
Application deadline: February 15, 2019 - Please submit the following:
- Cover letter indicating the venue for which you are applying (you may apply for more than one venue)
- Resume that includes date of birth, musical and educational accomplishments, information about general interests, and computer competency level
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or coach
- MP3 file or CD of three contrasting art songs or arias, sung in two languages
- Conductors and accompanists must also submit visual and aural representations of their work
Please submit your materials to Chorister Services Director, Lindsey Jacquier at email@example.com or, Lindsey Jacquier, Berkshire Choral International, 245 North Undermountain Road, Sheffield, MA 01257.