The Chorus Operations Survey is the go-to source of data that helps your chorus make important decisions about programming, budgeting, staffing, and more. Please help create this valuable resource by participating!
Chorus America members will complete the Chorus Operations Survey through the SMU DataArts platform. The data collected from this survey is published in the Chorus Operations Survey Report, which helps choruses make better decisions about programming, budgeting, staffing, and other management practices. Chorus America also uses this data to offer general compensation information for administrative and artistic leaders, singers, and accompanists, and to provide customized compensation reports for administrative and artistic leaders.
We're making it worth your while to complete the survey early.
We're trying something new this year and leaving the survey open through January 24 in an effort to give as many choruses time to respond as possible. But we're making it worth your while to complete the survey early. We'll be doing three drawings for $100 VISA gift cards for those who complete the survey: one at the end of November, one at the end of December, and one after the survey closes.
How to Get Started
- Chorus America members should go to https://da.culturaldata.org and login to their DataArts account. Once you login, you will see instructions on how to participate in the Chorus Operations Survey.
- If you are new to DataArts, use this link to create an account and begin the Chorus Operations Survey: https://da.culturaldata.org/studies/chorus-operations-survey-2019
- If you are not sure if you have a DataArts’ account (or need help creating one), contact DataArts at 877 707 3282 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Completing the Chorus Operations Survey
- Complete a Cultural Data Profile. To learn more, check out this article from DataArts’ Knowledgebase: How do I create a Cultural Data Profile?
- Complete the Chorus Operations Survey Questions. To learn more, check out this article from DataArts’ Knowledgebase: What questions are included in the Chorus Operations Survey?
About SMU DataArts
DataArts, formerly the Cultural Data Project, was founded to bring the language and leverage of data to the business of culture. The Cultural Data Profile (CDP) is DataArts’ flagship service, which thousands of cultural nonprofits use annually to report their financial and programmatic information. DataArts seeks to be a catalyst for data-informed decision-making.
The CDP is an online survey for collecting and standardizing historical, financial, and organizational data for arts organizations, and it's a huge resource for measuring the impact of the arts. There is a Support Center and online resources including a searchable Knowledgebase, free webinars and a video library available at culturaldata.org to help get you started.
The more organizations that complete CDPs, the more powerful this national online database becomes. Once your data is in the system, you can also run reports and metrics to analyze trends at your organization in comparison to those at peer choruses throughout the country.
Please direct questions concerning DataArts and your Chorus Operations Survey to:
DataArts Support Center; Hours: M-F 9am to 8pm ET; Email: email@example.com; Phone: 877-707-DATA (877-707-3282)
Please direct questions for Chorus America to:
Liza Beth, Vice President of Communications and Membership; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org