Starting this year Chorus America members will complete the Chorus Operations Survey through the DataArts platform. The deadline to complete the Chorus Operations Survey: 2016-2017 Season is Thursday, January 11.
DataArts, formerly the Cultural Data Project, was founded to bring the language and leverage of data to the business of culture. The Cultural Data Profile (CDP) is DataArts’ flagship service, which thousands of cultural nonprofits use annually to report their financial and programmatic information. DataArts seeks to be a catalyst for data-informed decision-making.
How to Get Started
- Chorus America members should go to https://da.culturaldata.org and login to their DataArts account. Once you login, you will see instructions on how to participate in the Chorus Operations Survey.
- If you are new to DataArts, use this link to create an account and begin the Chorus Operations Survey: https://da.culturaldata.org/studies/chorus-operations-survey
- If you are not sure if you have a DataArts’ account (or need help creating one), contact DataArts at 877 707 3282 or email@example.com
- Complete a Cultural Data Profile. To learn more, check out this article from DataArts’ Knowledgebase: How do I create a Cultural Data Profile?
- Complete the Chorus Operations Survey Questions. To learn more, check out this article from DataArts’ Knowledgebase: What questions are included in the Chorus Operations Survey?
By completing a CDP, your organization will have access to a suite of analytic tools to help you better assess capacity, manage day-to-day operations, and plan for the future. Your participation will also enable DataArts to provide the cultural community with consistent, reliable, and comprehensive data on the arts and culture sector.
DataArts provides informative training sessions and resources for organizations on how to participate, as well as a Support Center to answer any questions. You are strongly encouraged to register for an online or in-person orientation session and review the DataArts online resources.
- How to create an account
- How to join an organization
- What questions are included in the Chorus Operations Survey
You can watch a recorded DataArts orientation webinar for Chorus America members here: https://vimeo.com/239887164/20403ca130
Check out additional online resources: http://www.culturaldata.org/learn/educational-resources/
Please direct questions concerning DataArts and your Chorus Operations Survey to:
DataArts Support Center
Hours: M-F 9am to 8pm ET
Phone: 877-707-DATA (877-707-3282)
Please direct questions for Chorus America to:
Liza Beth, Vice President of Communications and Membership