Now in its 33rd season, The Congressional Chorus is a 501(c)(3) family of SATB choruses, comprised of members from diverse professions, committed to engaging our audiences through innovative programming. Founded in 1987 by Senate staffers interested in sharing a common goal of making music together and promoting American music, we perform a variety of American choral music, with an emphasis on artistic collaborations and choral music by emerging composers. www.congressionalchorus.org
The Congressional Chorus seeks a part-time Artistic Director responsible for the leadership, artistic vision, and performances of The Congressional Chorus family of choruses: Congressional Chorus, Chamber Ensemble, and NorthEast Senior Singers. The Chorus Board also intends to relaunch our youth chorus program in the near future. Working in collaboration with the Executive Director and reporting to the Board of Directors, the Artistic Director will further the chorus mission of promoting and performing American music. Position start date is Summer 2021.
● Provides overall artistic leadership, including selection of all artistic personnel, musical direction, and repertoire selection.
● In collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board, oversees fiscal, logistic and programming decisions.
● Collaborates with the Executive Director to deliver a dynamic and engaging experience for Chorus members, audiences, our collaborative partners, donors, and the public.
Board Relations / Financial Management / Public Relations Duties
● Works with the Executive Director to: present monthly reports to the Board, prepare annual budget, and assist with grant applications.
● Collaborates with Board and Executive Director in marketing campaigns, and community and promotional activities for the chorus.
● Bachelor’s degree in music, conducting or related field.
● Experience conducting community or collegiate choruses.
● Ability to work with singers of varying skill levels and ages.
● Residence in the greater Washington DC area.
● A thorough knowledge of choral repertoire with experience in planning and executing concert programs.
● Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
This is a part-time contractual position. This is a non-benefits eligible position.
Apply using this link (preferred method): Congressional_Chorus_SmartRecruiters
Or, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include links to videos of yourself conducting / directing concerts / rehearsals.
Applications must be submitted by March 26, 2021
Applicants may email questions to email@example.com.