Reporting to and in partnership with the Music Director and Bloomington Chamber Singers Board, the Development Director will spearhead development and fund-raising efforts for the Bloomington Chamber Singers, an established non-profit, musical arts organization. The Director will assist with the identification and cultivation of Bloomington Chamber Singers’ philanthropic and corporate relationships. This position will be vital to the growth of our revenue goals which includes improving donor data management. The position requires a high degree of professionalism, poise and person-to-person relationship skills. This person will work from home but should be able to travel to local meetings. This is a part-time position, approximately 20 hours per week.
In collaboration with the Chamber Singers Board of Directors and as a non-voting member of the Board, this position will have five main responsibilities:
I. Oversee the development and execution of the Chamber Singers annual fundraising and budget plan
II. Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations based on specific budget areas and measurable financial goals, as established by overall budget plan
III. As a liaison, develop and maintain relationships with major donors, granting organizations, and the community
IV. Solicit and manage client data and provide gift acknowledgements and grants reporting as required
V. Participate in the strategy and implementation of audience development and marketing
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
• BA (highly preferred) or equivalent experience
• 2 yrs. experience in non-profit management and/or fundraising
• Demonstrated skills in time management, communication and presentation
• Knowledge of software and contact management databases
• Has an understanding of arts and non-profits organizations
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, is a self-starter and a problem solver
• Has an appreciation for arts and culture as a cornerstone in measuring a community’s quality of life.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, contract, part-time position, up to 20 hours/week.
Salary range commensurate with skills and experience.
Submit the following material with the subject line “Development Director Position” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Cover letter demonstrating interest and ability to perform the job responsibilities
2) Resume demonstrating experience and education
Materials will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Decision on position will be made by May 15, 2020 or until position is filled. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application material promptly.
For questions, please email with the title “Development Director Position” to email@example.com.