Seeking an Artistic Director for the New Jersey Chamber Singers
The New Jersey Chamber Singers is seeking a dynamic individual who is passionate about choral excellence. At its mission, NJCS seeks to engage, enrich and inspire NJ audiences through performances of high-quality choral music. The Artistic Director, along with the Board of Directors, fosters and supports the mission of the ensemble that enables the group to thrive, while continuing to grow its connections to the wider community of Ocean and Monmouth Counties and the surrounding areas.
About the Group: NJCS is 32-voice community chamber choir comprised of volunteer singers who have passed an audition process by displaying significant talent/potential. The choir is well-respected in the community and has developed a strong reputation for artistic excellence. Most recently, NJCS released its first commercial recording of Mozart Requiem with Affetto Records, distributed internationally by NAXOS. The singers possess a wide array of talents beyond the music. They take pride in the ensemble and are very active in the organizational & administrative side of the organization. This is a part time position.
1. Master’s degree in choral conducting, preferred.
2. Demonstrated conducting skills, and ability to elicit musical excellence from the group.
3. Experience with time and personnel management, communication, teaching/instruction, program planning from vision to performance.
4. Ability to employ sound and effective choral pedagogy that results in excellent performances.
Compensation: Is commensurate with experience
- Prepare the ensemble for 2 concert seasons per year: December (4 concerts) and Spring (2 to 3 concerts).
• One 2.5-hour evening rehearsal (currently Tuesday) evening between the months of
September and May
Full job description can be found on the website www.njchambersingers.org under the Search tab
see description above.
Please send curriculum vitae and letter of intent no later than February 21, 2020 via email to:
Terry Williams, President NJCS via email@example.com. The letter of intent should include a brief overview of accomplishments that are relevant to this position and provide any other pertinent information that explains why you feel that you are a great fit for the position. Please include your full contact information within this letter which includes: phone number, physical address as well as email address.
For more information regarding the application process, the organization, as well as musical samples for the New Jersey Chamber Singers please visit: www.njchambersingers.org.