Marketing and Events Manager
Title: Marketing and Events Manager
Reports to: Executive Director/Artistic Director and Director of Development
Hours: Full time
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Boston Children’s Chorus (BCC) is seeking a full time Marketing and Events Manager to market all BCC activities and serve as a point person on Boston Children’s Chorus cultivation, stewardship, and revenue generating events.
Event Management – Reporting to the Director of Development
- Serves as a primary project manager for revenue generation and benefit development events
- Develops plans and budgets for assigned events and ensures that events adhere to projected budget
- Utilizes Raiser’s Edge database tools to collect, enter, and accurately update event responses, as well as volunteer, and donor information
- Manages all communications materials – timelines, event correspondence, collateral materials, invitations, interpretive materials, scripts, take-aways, social media and web, follow-up letters, etc. for all development event
- Manages and engages event volunteers
- Manages event data accurately and provides up to date reporting for leadership
- Ensures that event briefings for senior staff and board are completed in a timely manner
- Builds relationships and manages consultants and vendors prior to and during events
- Serve as main day-to-day point of contact for a wide variety of vendors (e.g. printers, designers, etc.)
Marketing – Reporting to the Executive Director / Artistic Director
- Execute marketing and sales function for all BCC performances and contracted engagements
- Compose and/or manage copy and design for all marketing materials including brochures, press releases, flyers, e-blasts, website copy, social media campaigns, eNewsletters, and other marketing content to promote BCC
- Coordinate concert ticketing and serve as Front of House coordinator for all major performances.
- Execute strategic social media plan and maintain all social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Manage photo and video library, and track media coverage and maintain media files
- Oversee any public relations contacts and provide direction for promotional materials needed.
Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with Internet technologies, website development, and content management.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, experience with desktop and design software, content management systems, various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.), and email marketing (Constant Contact).
- Experience in non-profit events management, marketing, fundraising, and/or project management
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, keen attention to proofing and editing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A passion for youth development, and a willingness to have fun
- Commitment to BCC’s mission and core values
- Commensurate with Experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Jude Bedel, Director of Development, at email@example.com
BCC harnesses the power of music to connect our city’s diverse communities, cultivate empathy, and inspire social inquiry. Beginning in 2003, today BCC serves nearly 500 young singers in twelve choirs in five Boston locations. BCC has been recognized as a key player in Boston’s landscape and has distinguished itself for its diversity, artistic excellence and commitment to nurturing singers as musicians, responsible citizens and future leaders. Called Boston’s “Ambassadors of Harmony” by the Boston Globe, the BCC presents over 50 performances each season, including appearances ranging from the Pine Street Inn to the Boston Marathon Bombing Inter-faith Service attended by President Obama.
As BCC heads into the next 15 years, it is focused on engaging more of Boston’s diverse communities and audiences and understanding what role an arts organization can play in the lives of those communities. We do this work recognizing that the role of art organizations is evolving, the demographics of our city, state and country are changing, and there is a desire and need to be more deeply connected to one another
BCC is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Commensurate with Experience.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Jude Bedel, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org