Director of Development
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Appointment: 12-month position, full-time
Acclaimed children’s choir with a 40-year history of musical excellence and character development serving young people ages 6-18 seeks a highly motivated, creative, and experienced Director of Development. This position works closely with the CEO/Artistic Director, Board of Directors, and key partners to sustain, build, and grow the organization’s fundraising program. Must be motivated by a sincere love of children and an affinity with our mission of “shaping young lives through musical excellence.”
Responsibilities and Work-Related Expectations
- Develop, prepare, and execute an annual development plan to fulfill the mission.
- Cultivate and steward individual major donors.
- Works in partnership with the Artistic Director and the Board of Directors to develop long-range strategic plans that position the organization for sustainability and progress.
- Support the CEO/Artistic Director and Board of Directors in their fundraising efforts; assist board members in ways that encourage their interest and involvement in fundraising.
- Plan and coordinate development activities including individual, corporate, and foundation gifts; matching gifts, scholarships, special events, and grant writing.
- Develop innovative strategies for attracting new contributors.
- Prepares grants and oversees project budgets and records for grant purposes.
- Prepares reports and other documents to fulfill grant obligations.
- Provides leadership to the Board Development Committee to track progress toward goals.
- Develop and maintain strong organizational ties with a committed alumni base.
- Evaluate and refine solicitation methods including electronic and direct mail, and special announcements and events.
- Collaborate with the development manager who maintains the Choirs’ relational database and the grant and foundation calendars with deadlines and reporting due dates.
- Collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer who oversees the implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan to create brand recognition, and interest in the Choirs.
- Professionally represents the Children’s Choirs at community, professional, and media events in conjunction with the Artistic Director
- Excellent organizational, writing, and presentation skills
- 3 to 5 years of development experience in all forms of fundraising
- Experienced in grant writing
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with Board members and committees
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task to meet simultaneous deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Familiarity with music and performing arts organizations a plus
- Will require evening and weekend responsibilities for concerts and special events
Competitive salary, PTO policy & benefits includes employee health insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and a 401(k) plan with employer contribution after one year of service. Dental and vision insurance is also available.
Interested candidates should send a resume with cover letter including salary requirements and 3 writing samples to: email@example.com and include in the subject line: Development Director.