Crescendo Community (Youth) Chorus is currently seeking an Artistic Director to begin in August 2020. The Artistic Director will foster a lover of music, nurturing each chorister's potential for artistic and personal excellence while offering graduated levels of musical challenge to approximately 40-50 total singers from two choirs. The successful candidate will be a visionary artist who demonstrates a passion for transforming young lives through excellence in music education and choral singing.
* Bachelor's degree in music, or equivalent experience in choral organization, music education, or church music and administration.
* Minimum of 3 years in choral directing experience with children.
* Piano/keyboard skills.
* Exceptional conducting and vocal pedagogy skills; working knowledge of languages.
* Professional and experiential understanding of the child's voice, vocal development, and appropriate choral repertoire for younger and older children.
* Confidence; ability to communicate well and to work as a team member with colleagues, parents, and Board.
* Experience in detailed planning and development of choral performance programs.
* Satisfactory background check.
* Work with children's voices ages 7-18, specifically those with unchanged voices, creating a nurturing and inspirational environment in all weekly rehearsals and performances.
* Provide high quality music and programming that engages and challenges choristers and is appropriate to the artistic goals of the organization.
* Explore new performance opportunities and artistic collaborations that further Crescendo's mission and values.
* Organize an annual performance/activity schedule.
* Design each concert performance including theme development and integration of any guest artists, ensembles, soloists, and instrumentalists within established budget parameters and conceptual framework guidelines.
* Oversee the artistic health and growth of the chorus in accordance with the Chorus's mission, vision, operating budget, and strategic plan.
* Bring entrepreneurial creativity that encourages the growth of Crescendo as an organization as well as an increased visibility in the community; develop networks and identify opportunities to further the mission.
* Assist in organizational development and cultivate partnerships and new sources of funding as opportunities arise to maintain a structure that can support future growth.
* Foster relationships with choristers, parents, schools, Board members, business and community organizations increasing Crescendo's recognition to expand enrollment.
* Provide support and work collaboratively with Crescendo's Board members to establish an operating plan and budget to execute the artistic vision.
* Provide a monthly report to the Board and attend Board meetings.
* Oversee and maintain the music library.
Probation period of 90 days in first year. Annual review thereafter.
Part-time (3 hours/week in rehearsals; prep time and performances).
$800.00/month from August - May
To apply for the Artistic Director position, please complete the online application. There is a place to upload a resume, or you can include education and employment information on the application. You are encouraged to email us a letter of intrucuction with a brief overview of accomplishments that are relevant to this position, and provide any other information that might better explain why you feel you are a great fit for the job.
Those selected for second phase interviews may be asked to submit audio or video representation of work, sample programs, highlights from repertoire, and references. Top candidates will be asked to participate in at least one rehearsal.
Submission of candidates will be held in confidence. Finalists will be announced to the public at the end of the 2019-2020 season.
For more information about Crescendo, visit our website at http:crescendocommunitychorus.org
To complete the online application, select "job opportunities" in the site or go to:
For more information, contact Jessica Eggers, Board President