Recruitment and Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager
BACKGROUND: The mission of the Jacksonville Children's Chorus is to provide a high-quality choral music education for children of diverse backgrounds, fostering teamwork, self-discipline, accomplishment and pride while filling an important cultural need in the community and sharing the beauty of the choral art form through artistically excellent performances.
PURPOSE: Major responsibilities include management of singer recruitment, including in-school visits, trade shows, in-service teacher trainings, and auditions; recruitment, training, and management of volunteers; and developing and nurturing relationships with Jacksonville Children's Chorus (JCC) children and families.
- Responsible for overseeing the recruitment of members each year.
- Create and implement a sourcing strategy that builds a pipeline for future singers ensuring quality and diversity.
- Full responsibility for managing the talent acquisition process from recruiting to auditioning to registration.
- Oversee targeted outreach events to promote the JCC’s brand and network with potential candidates at schools and other partner organizations.
- Complete weekly report on recruitment progress for the President and Artistic Director and/or Program Manager.
- Maintains figures on recruitment, turnover, and singer retention to ensure success and continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage an alumni database for JCC members as a potential network for branding and recruitment.
- Develop and foster strong relationships/partnerships with leaders across the organization; meet with leaders to assess recruiting progress, obstacles and challenges, and collaborate on recruiting activities and strategies.
- Manage relationships with marketing consultants to build a comprehensive marketing strategy that yields results in recruitment.
- Work with our website developer to manage the JCC website and social media platforms, ensuring that content is up to date and optimized for recruitment efforts.
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization.
- Recruit, interview, onboard, and place applicants for volunteer work.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers.
- Create and distribute various communications and publications (e.g. thank you notes, newsletters, etc.)
- Identify and staff community outreach opportunities such as fairs, festivals, local markets, and organizations.
- Prepare monthly reports and other work products as assigned by Program Manager and/or President and Artistic Director.
- Assume administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years direct experience in youth development, previous performing arts management experience preferred
- Knowledge of child development, group leadership, planning, and scheduling required
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, administrative and computer skills required; strong background and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as lead teams of children, volunteers, and peers required
- A passion for music and singing and knowledge of arts management a plus
- The right candidate will be a capable, independent worker with strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Valid driver's license required
APPLICATION Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to Darren Dailey, President and Artistic Director, Jacksonville Children's Chorus, 225 E Duval Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 8, 2019