Part-Time Chorus Conductor Teaching Artists
Brooklyn Youth Chorus seeks a Part-Time Chorus Conductor Teaching Artist to conduct a weekly Saturday training division class starting immediately and a Part-Time Chorus Conductor Teaching Artist or Artists to lead in-school programming in the Spring semester.
Teaching Artists will work with the artistic team to create and produce curriculum, choose repertoire, assess new and current students, and lead rehearsals and performances. These positions will include training with Brooklyn Youth Chorus Founder and Artistic Director, Dianne Berkun Menaker in the Cross-Choral TrainingⓇ pedagogy. The position will run during the September 2019 to May 2020 season with the potential to expand into additional classes and levels in future years.
WEEKLY TRAINING DIVISION SCHEDULE
Saturdays, 2:00-4:00 pm
Ages: 10 to 12
Our Season runs from Sept. 7, 2019 through May 9, 2020 with school-wide performances December 14-15, 2019 and May 16, 2020. This position will start mid-season and we are looking to fill it immediately.
IN SCHOOL SCHEDULE
Spring 2020, Dates and Times TBD
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants may apply for the Saturday conducting position, our Spring in-school programs, or both. Please indicate in the application which programs you are interested in and potentially available to teach.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in conducting, vocal performance, or music education
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience conducting and teaching
- Knowledge of functional voice training pedagogy
- Knowledge of and experience with basic solfege and music literacy training methods
- Knowledge of and competence in conducting several styles of music
- Basic piano competency preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a small program team
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Willingness to learn Brooklyn Youth Chorus’ proprietary and trademarked Cross-Choral Training Method
Please submit an online application by clicking the following link: https://form.jotform.com/92745457531160
Via the above link, applicants are asked to submit:
- Cover letter
- Video Samples (YouTube or Vimeo preferred) of applicant conducting two stylistically contrasting choral pieces
- Saturday availability including time available and potential conflicts (if possible please include additional availability for the 2019-2020 season including days of the week and available work hours)
- Two professional references (include name, phone number, email, and relationship)
Only candidates invited to interview will be contacted. No calls, please. EOE.