Marketing & Development Associate
The Washington Master Chorale, a vibrant, sixty-voice professional and volunteer chorus noted for its innovative presentation of choral works from the 19th century onward with a particular emphasis on music of the 20th and 21st centuries, seeks an experienced candidate for the position of Marketing and Development Associate. This position will facilitate the implementation of institutional and programmatic marketing campaigns and assist the Artistic Director in donor relations and cultivation.
Successful candidates will have:
- A background in performing arts, non-profit management, arts administration with demonstrated knowledge of marketing and fundraising
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously with a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of digital and traditional communication practices
- Experience in Microsoft Suite including Excel
- Experience with digital video production and editing software (e.g. Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro)
- Experience with website and social media design/management a plus
- Must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends and accept a flexible work schedule
- Connection to and passion for the mission of the Washington Master Chorale
- Develop, direct and implement all institutional marketing initiatives including speaking engagements, video web series, interdisciplinary collaborations with embassies, museums, arts organizations, etc.
- Develop, direct and implement strategies, policies and procedures for programmatic marketing initiatives with WMC volunteer marketing team, facilitating the distribution of direct mail, postcard, and online content, and maintenance of the WMC website.
- Coordinate and collect concert program materials and facilitate the printing of programs for each concert
- Monitor, track and maintain donor lists for giving patterns and manage all invitations and RSVPs for cultivation events including post-concert receptions, special events, and the annual dinner.
- Assist the Artistic Director in donor relations by maintaining a cultivation list of donor prospects, acknowledgment list of donations, and follow up strategies for donor prospects.
This position is part-time with responsibilities that will take an average of 8 hours per week seasonally, dependent on program. $20.00/hour, $7,680 per annum (45–50 weeks with unpaid vacation in the summer). The position is a contract position and therefore does not include a benefits package.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com.