Philadelphia's two-time Grammy-winning professional choir, The Crossing is seeking a full-time Operations Manager to help us expand our organization, which has a very particular brand, community, and ethos. We're a committed team of people passionate about the future of contemporary choral music and its power to ask provocative questions about our world.
This position will require a lot of hustle, and there will be a steep learning curve at the beginning, but there's lots of room to shine and play a significant role in helping to shape our future. Its an excellent opportunity for a dynamic entrepreneurial-minded person who's fanatical (in a good way!) about attention to detail and organizational systems.
The successful candidate will have a background in company/project management, budgeting, cash accounting, and a strong command of the English language. Knowledge of contemporary concert music and experience working with musicians a plus.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Oversee contractual process for artists and production staff
- Sound designers/engineers
- Information systems admin and basic support/troubleshooting
- Google G Suite
- Donor Perfect
- Constant Contact/MailChimp
- Microsoft Office 365 (Word and Excel)
- Manage business office
- Maintain files, virtually and physically
- Process mail
- Order office supplies as needed
- Serve as liaison to PCCH and other venues/organizations
- Generate and maintain contracts for other venues
- Performance venues
- Recording studios/venues
- Support Executive Director, Treasurer and Bookkeeper to ensure accurate financial operations.
- Assist Executive Director with season budget planning
- Support yearly audit process
- Input CDP (Cultural Data Project) data annually
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Bookkeeper to:
- Update and manage cash flow reports
- Update and manage season budget forecast
- Maintain budget vs actuals report per season, per project, and for general admin
- Improve and refine financial operations and reporting
- Develop upcoming season and future project budgets
- Input and track business expenses
- Cash management and financial reconciliation
- Log and deposit all incoming cash/checks
- Reconcile post-concert merchandise and ticket sales
- Input and distribute invoices and POs
- Configure all payments, and payment timings, on bank website and in Quickbooks
- Manage merchandise sales
- Bank deposits
- Generate and mail thank you notes to donors
- Donor Perfect/Contact management
- Generate mailing lists and labels as needed
- Organize data for grant application purposes
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Grant Manager to:
- Maintain timeline
- Coordinate grant process
- Provide grant-specific budget information
- Work with printer and mail house to coordinate mailing and other print efforts as needed
- Assist with program and asset proofing when needed
- Manage front of house as needed
- Collaborate with Production Associate on roster and logistics
- Company travel arrangements as necessary
We offer health insurance and a salary commensurate with experience.
The Crossing is a Grammy-winning professional chamber choir conducted by Donald Nally that is dedicated to new music. It is committed to working with creative teams to make and record new, substantial works for choir that explore and expand ways of writing for choir, singing in choir, and listening to music for choir. Many of its over eighty commissioned premieres address social, environmental, and political issues.
Highly sought-after for collaborative projects, The Crossing’s first such partnership was as the resident choir of the Spoleto Festival in Italy, in 2007. Since then, collaborators include the International Contemporary Ensemble (ICE), American Composers Orchestra, Network for New Music, Lyric Fest, PRISM Saxophone Quartet, Beth Morrison Projects, Pig Iron Theatre Company, Los Angeles Philharmonic, New York Philharmonic, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Mostly Mozart Festival, National Gallery of Art, Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Cleveland Museum, Institute for Advanced Study, Carnegie Hall, National Sawdust, and Northwestern University. The Crossing holds an annual residency at the Warren Miller Performing Arts Center in Big Sky, Montana.
With a commitment to recording its commissions, The Crossing has issued 15 releases, receiving two Grammy Awards for Best Choral Performance (2018, 2019), and three Grammy nominations in as many years. The Crossing, with Donald Nally, was the American Composers Forum’s 2017 Champion of New Music. They were the recipients of the 2015 Margaret Hillis Award for Choral Excellence, three ASCAP Awards for Adventurous Programming, and the Dale Warland Singers Commission Award from Chorus America.
Salary + Health Insurance
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org