November 5th, 2013
E-marketing isn't a new trend, but, done correctly, it can be a key part of your chorus's communications program. Whether you are just beginning to experiment with email campaigns or looking to refresh your current marketing plan, these resources from around the web will help you get started.
Q: How do I get people to open and read the emails our chorus is sending?
- Ten Tips for More Effective Nonprofit Email Marketing A checklist to run through when starting up your e-marketing program - or revisiting it after it's been up and running for a while.
- The Top Five Ways to Build Your Email List The first step in getting people to read your emails is to get them on your list. This whitepaper from Patron Technology tells you how.
- 37 Tips for Writing Emails that Get Opened, Read, and Clicked Hint: think more like a friend than a marketer.
- Better Subject Lines and Headlines: Fill in the Blank Worksheet Ever get stuck trying to craft the perfect subject line for your email? Try looking to consumer magazines for inspiration.
- The Psychological Hierarchy of the Email Campaign An effective email engages from the subject line all the way up through the call to action.
Q: How can I use email to support my chorus's fundraising?
- Email Marketing for Nonprofits: Strategies to Increase Donations An online marketing expert shares five key strategies from an email appeal that worked on her.
- 5 Tips for Email Optimization from the Obama Campaign Your chorus's entire budget is likely just a tiny fraction of what a presidential campaign has to spend on email. But you can still benefit from the lessons staffers learned, whatever your political persuasion.
- How Many Fundraising Emails Should You Send A Year? Research shows many smaller non-profits only make quarterly email appeals - and that's not nearly enough.
Q: What are some other basic rules of thumb when it comes to e-marketing for my chorus?
- 7 Email Marketing Myths that May Surprise You A reminder that there's no substitute for taking the time to understand your specific email list.
- What To Do BEFORE You Send a Bulk Email Run through this checklist before you hit "send" on your e-blasts, and you won't have to worry that you just blasted a typo or irrelevant information to thousands of contacts. Who hasn't had that feeling?
Do you have questions about e-marketing or other favorite online resources to share? Let us know in the comments section below.