Tenor & Bass section leader/Assistant to the Artistic Director
The SF Bach choir seeks an experienced, trained Tenor or Bass singer for the 2018/2019 season to assist the Artistic Director in sectional rehearsals, logistics and rehearsal organization.
- Significant choral experience, solid, healthy vocal technique and the ability to communicate this to adult amateur singers effectively and professionally
- The ability to run a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and musical sectional rehearsal (according to the AD’s guidelines)
- Be able to maintain a carefully marked score, hear and note mistakes in all parts
- Must be organized, flexible, team-oriented, and possess a sense of humor
- Must be able to attend 95% of the scheduled rehearsals and all performances
- Experience leading sectional or other rehearsals
- Conducting opportunities may be offered to the candidate with requisite skills
- Position title: Assistant to the Artistic Director
- Time commitment: weekly rehearsals Tues. 7-10pm, some Saturday workshops; dress rehearsals and concerts. Season runs late August – early May
- Remuneration: commensurate with skills and experience
- Start date: August 2018
Detailed job description available at https://www.sfbach.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Assistant-to-Music-Dir...
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience