Vero Beach, FL
18 Jan 2017
Community Church of Vero Beach Chancel Choir
30 Jun 2018
Chancel Choir Section Leader
*Emerging Professional or Professional*
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR CHANCEL CHOIR SECTION LEADERS
Purpose: To be a Section Leader for the CCOVB Chancel Choir and encourage a sense of community, congeniality and professionalism within the Chancel Choir musical family as well as the congregation.
Accountability: Accountability of the Section Leader is to the Director of Music and Fine Arts.
1. Attend all scheduled rehearsals of Chancel Choir during normal choir year, from August through the end of June.
2. To attend all worship services (Chapel and Sanctuary) which the Chancel Choir serves, and other performances by the Chancel Choir, e.g. dress rehearsal for December Christmas Celebration, Good Friday Requiem, any other special concerts.
3. Sing solos at Chancel Choir performances if and as requested by the Director.
1. Excellent musicianship: good music reader, pitch sense, and ensemble singer;
2. Strong sense of musical leadership; primary duty is to give volunteer singers a strong sense of musical security; to be the first in the section to have learnt the music well before any rehearsal; to lead sectional rehearsals if and when the Director requires;
3. General group leadership in behavior, deportment, attendance, and punctuality at rehearsals and performances.
This is a paid position, details to be disclosed when a job offer is made.
Send resume and inquiries to email@example.com
Section Leaders are selected by auditions, personal interview and references.
Audition repertoire requirements shall include a solo (oratorio, opera, art song, etc…) plus Sight-singing a portion of a choral anthem.