Rehearsal and Production Manager
The Young Women’s Choral Projects of San Francisco seeks a part-time rehearsal and production manager. The employee will assist YWCP at all rehearsals and self-produced concerts.
The Young Women’s Choral Projects of San Francisco, led by Artistic and Executive Director Dr. Susan McMane, is recognized as a world-class choral organization for young women. Founded in 2012, YWCP includes five levels of choral experience for young women ages 5-18 from across the San Francisco Bay Area. The mission of YWCP is to transform the lives of young women through exceptional artistry in choral performance, and to bring the expressive power of their music to the community, the nation, and the world. Through YWCP, participants of richly diverse socio-ethnic backgrounds find their voices as singers, artist and women in a nurturing environment that empowers them to achieve artistic and personal excellence. More information about the organization can be found at www.ywcp.org.
Rehearsals for the ensembles are held three times a week at First Unitarian Church, 1187 Franklin Street (@Geary) in San Francisco. YWCP produces approximately six concerts each season in the Bay Area and sings regularly with professional ensembles such as San Francisco Symphony and San Francisco Opera Education program. This position will add to the team of two other part-time administrators.
Rehearsal Manager duties:
1. Reserve venues for rehearsal space and concert venues
2. Prepare the rehearsal rooms before rehearsals (Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons)
3. Check-in choristers at all rehearsals and be a staff presence in the building:
Sundays 2:30-6:30pm 3 times a month, and 1:30 – 6:30pm once a month
4. Attend weekly Thursday staff meetings 2:00-3:30
5. Communication with parents
a. text parents regarding all uncommunicated absences and tardies
b. send memos and general emails to parents when needed
6. Keep attendance records for all choruses
Production Manager duties:
1. Act as Stage Manager for all YWCP-produced concerts
2. Organize all performance needs for off-site rehearsals and concerts (i.e. risers, rehearsal room signs, music stands, stand lights, piano tuning, etc.)
3. Run-off logistic sheets and memos for singers/parents
4. Be present as production/stage manager at all self-produced dress rehearsals and concerts.
Other duties: Help coordinate large mailings, help with special event setup, clean up and logistics, help secure volunteers for various tasks, help at auditions, and other occasional duties
18-20 hours a week (concert weeks could require more hours)
Must be available for the following times:
Sunday afternoons: 3:30 – 6:30pm (3 times a month) and 1:30 – 6:30pm (once a month)
Wednesday afternoon/evening: 3:30 – 9:30pm
Thursday afternoons: 2 – 6:30
Flexible hours: 2.5 – 4.5 hours a week
This is a 44-week position. Minimal hours will be needed in the summer months.
• Love of children and music
• Helpful spirit and good people skills
• Self-motivated with good organizational skills
• Ability to manage volunteers with kindness and respect
SALARY: $18 / hour
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com. Please put “Rehearsal and Production Manager” in the subject of the email.