04 May 2018
Jacksonville Children's Chorus
01 Jun 2018
Position Summary | Major responsibilities include management of the artistic and logistical/operational aspects of the choirs, including oversight of the artistic staff, coordination of rehearsals and performances, recruitment, training and management of volunteers, special events, and developing and nurturing relationships with Jacksonville Children's Chorus children and families. This position will work closely with the PAD to ensure expectations of high-level performance standards are met.
· Oversee logistical planning and implementation of level programs: classes, festivals, camp, workshops, rehearsals, performances, recruiting, auditions, outreach activities, etc.
● Report, monitor and evaluate progress against targeted operational goals including but not limited to enrollment goals, tuition goals, and operational budgetary expenses: provide valuable feedback and adhere to artistic/operational objectives.
● Direct rehearsals and performances as assigned by the PAD, also assist the PAD in planning the concert season and auditions.
● Duties will include weekly instruction as a teaching artist for various JCC choirs as assigned by the PAD including but not limited to duties as a conductor, director, and vocal performance coach for JCC choirs and students.
● Other duties may include: rehearsing and coaching soloists, group voice, and preschool music instruction, preparing smaller groups for run-out concerts and education and outreach projects.
● Manage volunteers and interns assigned to the choirs.
● Recruit, manage, and retain parent volunteers, providing training to:
o Act as lead liaison for Volunteer Auxiliary Support to foster efficiencies of communications, logistical support, better dialogue, feedback, and overall outstanding customer and public relations with parents, grandparents and other volunteer contributors.
o Assist Chorus Staff during performances and social events.
o Direct assignments for set up, food service, and clean up.
o Order, catalogue, distribute, collect, and file borrowed music.
o Assist with filling and emptying folders at various times throughout the year.
o Photograph performances for possible use for publicity and archives.
o Assist at rehearsal locations with check in/out and communications distributions, and serve as liaison to JCC program staff.
o Assist at rehearsal room as needed with choir rehearsals and chaperones during breaks.
o Oversee scheduling auditions, evaluations, and answering telephones.
o Oversee coordination of tour details.
o Oversee the fitting of choral attire for the chorus, maintenance and coordination of uniforms for concerts, and assist with choral attire exchange and orders.
o This position will work closely and in tandem with other key members of the administrative staff (Program Coordinator, Business Manager/Development Officer, Marketing and Public Relations Director, Social Media Marketing Assistant and Executive Assistant) for the purposes of aligning artistic/operational goals with overall annual administrative goals and objectives.
● Develop strong relationships with JCC children and families, nurture the development of each child, and provide appropriate support for children and families.
● Communicate the Jacksonville Children's Chorus culture through role modeling and instruction, supervision, and discipline of children participating in chorus programs.
● Partner with and support the teachers and conductors who are working with the children.
● Prepare reports and other work products as assigned by the PAD.
● Assume administrative responsibilities as assigned by the PAD.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: 07/01/2018
Application Deadline: 06/01/2018
Address: 225 East Duval Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Reports to: President and Artistic Director (PAD)
Office Holidays: 11 including: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day (if on a working day), Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and one floating holiday of personal significance (i.e., Good Friday, Rosh Hashanah)
Vacation: 10 business days
Spring Break: five days with prior approval of President and Artistic Director
Direct Reports: One Program Coordinator and In Harmony Guild Chair
● Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music or related field
● Minimum 3-5 years’ direct experience in youth development, previous performing arts management experience preferred.
● Knowledge of child development, group leadership, planning, and scheduling required.
● Ability to work with youth and families from a diverse backgrounds required.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills, administrative, and computer skills required, along with a strong background and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
● Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as lead teams of children, volunteers, and peers as required.
● A passion for music and singing, and knowledge of arts management.
● The right candidate will be a capable, independent worker with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
● Valid driver's license required.
To view this job opportunity online, visit www.jaxchildrenschorus.com/job-opportunities
How to Apply | For immediate consideration please submit a letter of interest, writing sample, and resume addressed to: Darren Dailey, President and Artistic Director and email to: Kelly Rubin, Executive Assistant (email@example.com).
The Jacksonville Children’s Chorus is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all background to apply for this position.