Los Altos, CA
02 May 2018
Cantabile Youth Singers
31 May 2018
Cantabile Youth Singers, Los Altos, CA
Program Coordinator/Webmaster & Production Assistant: the program coordinator supports the Executive Director and takes care of daily office duties including: phones, customer service, database tracking of payments and registration, event planning and support, creation of class rosters and student data files, email response to inquiries, ordering/maintaining office supplies and environment. The Program Coordinator also manages PayPal reconciliation with QuickBooks; manages website content and updates, updates all social media vehicles: Facebook, YouTube and Twitter and maintains the photo archive to help produce print media. As Cantabile’s Production Assistant this position supports all Cantabile events and concerts for pre-production planning, event coordination and on-site management.
Now in our 24th year, Cantabile Youth Singers is a non-profit, non-denominational children’s choir. Our choirs tour the world and sing locally and share their gift of song with many diverse audiences. We host three concerts, a fundraising gala, two open houses, small receptions and recitals, parent orientations and the Cantabile Festival for Young Voices each year.
- Manage enrollment system
- Maintain accurate enrollment records and rosters for each choir
- Create all registration documents
- Customer Service
- Coordinate the booking of “offsite rehearsal” venues for Maundy Thursday and Rummage Sale week (LAUMC and PAUMC)
- Manage all Mailchimp communications
- Manage Greater Giving for Gala & Spring Concerts
- Manage all ticket sales in Greater Giving or Yapsody for Spring concerts & gala
- Manage all website updates via WordPress
- Communicate with vendors: marketing, program designer, printer, uniform vendors, photocopier, and venue rentals
- Maintain the photocopier, provide training to new staff
- Collate, print and frame each season’s photos for the
- Tour coordination and support
Program - Artistic:
- Produce all Front-of-House signage & materials
- Produce all concert, festival and gala programs
- Transport supplies, signage, printed programs and other materials to and from venues
- Create & send (email) tickets for spring concerts
- Coordinate senior gifts for Spring Concert
- Attend & Support Parent Orientations
- Assist with the design of marketing and fundraising collateral (with ED)
- Social Media
- Coordinate creation of marketing material with the designer and printer
- Coordinate marketing with various advertising publications
- Maintain advertising schedule and track spending
- Provide support to Development Committee
- Manage compliance for corporate matching online accounts, Benevity, YourCause, GoDaddy web domains.
- Track Gala donations, payments and auction purchases
- Assist ED with compiling grant applications (Common Grant Application for Silicon Valley Creates, Farrington Foundation Grant)
- Assist ED with compiling the Data Arts application (CDP)
- Donor Tracking
Clerical: answer phones and provide excellent first line customer service, respond to email inquiries, make/revise/print documents, order supplies, run errands, provide Executive Director with statistics for board meetings
Skills Required: Excellent communication skills, Google office suite: Docs, Chrome, Calendar, Gmail, Microsoft office suite: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Mailchimp, Box, social media platforms, knowledge of office procedures and office equipment usage, positive, self starting attitude and ability to take direction and multi-task a plus.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, two years experience working in an office environment, excellent communication skills. Non-profit arts experience a plus.
Founded in 1994 by music educator Signe Boyer and guided by the artistic leadership of Elena Sharkova since 2004, Cantabile Youth Singers of Silicon Valley is an international award-winning program providing outstanding music education, vocal training, and performance opportunities to the young people of Silicon Valley. Through weekly rehearsals, vocal master-classes, seasonal concerts, recitals, and festivals, over 300 singers of ages 4 to 18 engage their hearts and minds in joyful, creative learning that fosters such life skills as pursuit of excellence, self-discipline, tenacity, leadership, and teamwork. Cantabile’s innovative curriculum includes mindfulness and yoga, a focus on self-realization and compassion, and appreciation for the diversity of humankind, cultures, languages and the arts. Based on age and skill, Cantabile’s choirs offer progressive levels of artistic and vocal challenge. Singers are organized into five performing ensembles and three levels of preparatory classes. In 2014, a Young Men’s Division, currently under the direction of Jace Wittig, was added to provide opportunities for boys with changing and changed voices. Cantabile’s advanced choirs Vocalise, Aria, and Bravi appear frequently with leading Bay Area arts organizations such as Symphony Silicon Valley, Cappella SF, Stanford Symphony, San Jose Ballet, Opera San Jose, and West Bay Area Opera and have recently performed with Kronos Quartet, visual artist Nene Humphrey, Multi-instrumentalist Laura Inserra and actor Ryan Gosling.
To Apply: Please send a resume and a cover letter that explains your qualifications and why you believe you are suited to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be requested from applicants during the interview process. No Phone Calls please.