06 Dec 2017
Maple Leaf Lutheran Church
31 Mar 2018
Title: Organist/Pianist, Maple Leaf Lutheran Church
Maple Leaf Lutheran Church (MLLC), an active and growing Christian community in Seattle, WA, is seeking a part-time pipe organist/pianist for regular worship services and rehearsals, including accompanying an adult choir. This role is for 10 hours/week, to begin in early 2018. The position includes paid vacation and sick leave.
MLLC rotates through a variety of liturgical settings and music. The organist/pianist plays the prelude, offertory and postlude music and accompanies the liturgical setting, hymns and special music (including choir) every Sunday during worship. This person works closely in a collegial relationship with the music director and participates in monthly church worship committee meetings. The organist/pianist will:
· Play music for Sunday services and for mid-week services for Christmas Eve, Lent and Holy Week.
· Accompany the choir during mid-week rehearsals and Sunday morning worship.
· Support the growth of MLLC’s music ministry among the church congregation, including children and youth.
· Formal organ and piano training. A BA in music is preferred.
· Experience accompanying choirs and playing with other instruments in a variety of musical styles.
· Excellent ability to sight-read music.
· Knowledge of the church year, the lectionary and Christian themes.
ABOUT THE CHURCH
Maple Leaf Lutheran Church is a multigenerational group of caring people who come together in joy to worship Christ, serve others and be in community. Music has always played a central role at Maple Leaf, from joyful noises to solemn vespers, traditional melodies to more contemporary tunes. All are welcome to join the church’s singing, praising congregation. Visit www.reachoutchurch.org for more information.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, attn: Lynne Simmonds, Worship Committee chair.