Los Angeles, CA
02 Aug 2018
04 Sep 2018
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and assisting with the administrative and business operations of the organization and works with the Executive Director, Board and Artistic Director to support direction and strategy of the Angeles Chorale. The Operations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day administrative oversight of the following areas within the organization: Marketing (traditional and social media), Community Outreach, Board Development, Fundraising, and Administration.
· Executes the chorale’s fundraising strategy under the direction of the Executive Director. Maintains the fundraising database with all past donation information and singer solicitor information.
· Maintains the annual fundraising calendar with deadlines for production of appeals, fundraising events, etc.
· Prepares mail appeal letters and liaises with printing and mailing house.
· Prepares timely acknowledgment letters for donations received.
· Organizes silent auctions, fundraiser dinners, online crowdfunding campaigns.
· Works with the fundraising team to plan fundraising events.
· Supports the Executive Director and board in preparing for major donor meetings and solicitations.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, supports the financial operations of the chorale.
· In collaboration with our Bookkeeper, maintains records of income and expenses in QuickBooks, in the chorale database and in hard copy paper files.
· Generate receipts, acknowledgement letters, checks and invoices under the supervision and approval of the Executive Director.
· Supports the Executive Director in preparing monthly and annual financial statements in coordination with our bookkeeper.
· Supports the Executive Director in maintaining compliance with IRS and state requirements applicable to tax-exempt entities.
· Manages weekly singer attendance and dues. Ensure singer dues are paid on time and attendance is accurately tracked.
Audience Development and Community Outreach
· Maintains chorale databases of singers, patrons, donors, and ticket sales.
· Administers concert ticket sales, including online, telephone, and in-person sales.
· Identifies and coordinates efforts to reach new audiences, including ticket exchanges with other organizations, offering discounted tickets to groups and offering discounted tickets via other available platforms.
· Assists Executive Director in developing partnerships with other organizations in the community in support of the chorale’s community outreach.
Marketing and Public Relations
· Implements season and individual program marketing and communications.
· Maintains the annual marketing calendar with deadlines for creating and distribution of brochures, postcards, press releases etc.
· Compiles concert program content and liaises with graphic designer on program production.
· Works with graphic designer to develop artwork for season marketing materials, with the goal of finalizing graphics by May of each year for the following season.
· Oversees the development of printed materials and targeted marketing efforts.
· Produces and sends mass email content and communications (announcements, e- newsletter, fundraising appeals, action alerts).
· Coordinates interaction with followers and fans on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by posting interactive content pertinent to the work of the chorale.
· Maintain the Angeles Chorale’s YouTube channel, helping to produce content.
· Works with the marketing and media production volunteers to create YouTube videos, audio clips etc. for marketing purposes.
· Assist with design and editing of organizational publications.
· Assist with development of material for the organization’s website. Maintain/update the website.
· Creates press releases and press kits and distributes them as required for fundraising and concert publicity.
· Arranges for all concert listings in the media.
· Manages yearly marketing budget with Executive Director.
· Maintain copies of press releases and press kits, advertising materials, concert programs, and performance statistics for each performance (ticket sales, audience size) and provides them to the Executive Director at the end of each concert season.
Concert Production and Business Office
· Assists the Executive Director in managing concert logistics and box office operations.
· Assists the Executive Director in maintaining chorale database for singers, patrons, donors and sales.
· Maintains the permanent files of all required records, including:
Board and Executive Team minutes, accounting records, bank statements, financial data, tax returns
Copies of press releases and press kits, advertising materials, concert programs, and performance statistics for each performance (ticket sales, audience size).
· Attends Board Meetings and Team Meetings when requested.
· Assists the Executive Director in the coordination of office administration, the operation of the physical facilities, and human resource management.
· Manages and coordinates auditions for new singers and soloists.
· Performs other administrative duties to support the chorale as assigned.
Volunteer Management and Engagement
· Oversees and manages all singer activities, including managing and directing the activities of the chorale section leaders, maintaining and distributing the rehearsal schedule and member agreements, and publishing the weekly chorale newsletter.
· Maintains and updates the Singer Handbook annually.
Provides temporary assistance to the Executive Director during any absences.
· Reports to the Executive Director.
· Recruits and supervise interns as needed under the guidance of the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in administration of a not-for-profit arts organization. Experience in marketing, fundraising and arts administration a plus. Candidate should have a passion for performing arts and a great appreciation for choral music. Must have proven leadership skills, a creative approach to problem solving and the ability to take a team approach to management.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or closely related field
· Superior writing and editing skills, acute attention to detail
· High proficiency in MS Office
· Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Experience with website editors such as Weebly strongly preferred.
· A diplomatic problem-solver with the ability to work with people across race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation and age including board members, contractors, vendors, volunteer chorale members, audience members and donors
· Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Experience with donor/constituent relationship management database software (e.g. FileMaker Pro, DonorPerfect, Raiser's Edge) and e-mail marketing programs (Mailchimp, Constant Contact etc.) strongly preferred
· Experience working with budgets and some knowledge of financial bookkeeping software preferred.
· Some basic graphic design skills a big plus. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Photoshop preferred.
· Ability to balance day-to-day demands with big-picture vision and strategy.
· Able to work remotely from home with your own computer and Internet access, the successful candidate must be based in the Los Angeles area and have a car and a valid driver license.
ABOUT THE ANGELES CHORALE
The Angeles Chorale is a 100-voice, auditioned, professional-level, all-volunteer choir based in Los Angeles, CA. For more than 40 years we've brought inspiring choral music experiences to our Los Angeles community. Our mission is to engage, enrich and inspire our audiences, singers, and our diverse community by performing great choral music with a passionate commitment to excellence, and to increase access to and appreciation of choral music in greater Los Angeles. For more information about the Angeles Chorale, our Artistic Director John Sutton, our performances and achievements, please see our website at http://www.angeleschorale.org
This position is part-time, 20 hours per week, with flexible hours. Salary is $15/hour. The location of this home office-based position is flexible within the greater Los Angeles area. Must be able to travel to performance venue in Pasadena, other performance venues in the Los Angeles area, and rehearsal venue in Westwood.
Please send cover letter and resume as a single MS Word document to Laura Mason, Executive Director, Angeles Chorale at firstname.lastname@example.org including “Operations Coordinator” and your name in the subject line of your email.