Title: Music Director, Maple Leaf Lutheran Church
Maple Leaf Lutheran Church (MLLC), an active and growing Christian community in Seattle, WA, is seeking a part-time music director to coordinate music for weekly Sunday services and special events, including directing an adult choir. This role is for 8 hours/week for 10 months a year, from September through June, beginning in early 2018. The position includes paid sick leave.
MLLC rotates through a variety of liturgical settings and music. The music director works closely in a collegial relationship with the organist/pianist, coordinates with the pastor and participates in monthly church worship committee meetings. The music director will:
· Coordinate all music for Sunday worship services, as well as for mid-week services for Christmas Eve, Lent and Holy Week.
· Enhance worship for the congregation through leadership in identifying hymns, liturgies, anthems and accompaniments.
· Direct the choir during mid-week rehearsals and Sunday morning worship.
· Seek to grow the music ministry of MLLC among the church congregation, including children and youth.
Competitive candidates will have:
· Formal training in choral and instrumental directing. A BA in music is preferred.
· Experience working in a variety of musical styles.
· Knowledge of the church year, the lectionary and Christian themes.
ABOUT THE CHURCH
Maple Leaf Lutheran Church is a multigenerational group of caring people who come together in joy to worship Christ, serve others and be in community. Music has always played a central role at Maple Leaf, from joyful noises to solemn vespers, traditional melodies to more contemporary tunes. All are welcome to join the church’s singing, praising congregation. Visit www.reachoutchurch.org for more information.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, attn: Lynne Simmonds, Worship Committee chair.