31 Aug 2018
The Washington Chorus
25 Sep 2018
The Washington Chorus (TWC) seeks a full-time Director of Marketing to maximize ticket sales, develop and implement communications strategies, and oversee the box office for the Grammy Award-winning Washington Chorus. The successful candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated, and creative individual with at least two years of proven arts marketing experience. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for building and diversifying TWC’s audience and patron base, as well as telling the story of TWC through the website; mobile and social media content; video content; print, email, direct mail, and web marketing; and press partners. A part-time ticketing box-office manager reports to this position. TWC welcomes candidates of all backgrounds, races, religious affiliations, ages, sexual identities, physical abilities, etc. and is committed to inclusivity in the workplace.
· Create, execute, and track multi-channel, season-long marketing plan to maximize subscription and single ticket revenue
· Identify group sales opportunities
· Network with local businesses and partner organizations to increase cross-promotional activities
· Fluently manage social media marketing channels
· Manage traditional media channels including print, radio, direct mail, email, and digital advertising campaigns
· Identify new marketing channels, interactive experiences, and activities to increase audience
· Identify audience segments and manage all email/communications lists in Mail Chimp and Patron Manager (experience with Patron Manager strongly preferred)
· Collaborate as-needed with a contracted graphic designer to create content and place advertisements across all channels
· Drive storytelling and content creation to tell TWC’s story and engage audiences before, during, and after the concert performances
Box Office Responsibilities
· Oversee part-time box office assistant
· Ensure set-up of concerts and ticket fulfillment processes in the Patron Manager ticketing system
· Responsible for communication with concert venues (primarily Kennedy Center and the Music Center at Strathmore) on ticket holds, pricing, etc.
· Be available as needed for patron inquiries and ticket fulfillment during regular box office hours (10am-5pm)
· Coordinate all ticket consignment vendors such as Goldstar, TodayTix, TravelZoo, etc.
· Manage hospitality will call table for all concert performances (occasional nights and weekends)
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
· At least 2 years of arts marketing or related experience
· Self-starter with an ability to think both strategically and tactically
· Strong writing ability
· Experience with box office functions and CRM systems required, preferably with Patron Manager
· Videography and video editing experience desirable
· Intuitive knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
· Ability to work creatively within a defined budget
· Familiarity with Google AdWords and Analytics a plus
· Graphic design a plus
About The Washington Chorus
A two-time Grammy Award winner, The Washington Chorus is a 160-voice, primarily volunteer chorus which presents an annual subscription series at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and other locations in Washington, DC. TWC regularly performs at the invitation of the National Symphony Orchestra, and is frequently featured in other venues such as the Music Center at Strathmore in Maryland and Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts in Virginia.
Salary $42,000; paid vacation and designated holiday leave; health/dental benefits provided.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and any marketing portfolio materials available to email@example.com. The application deadline is September 25, 2018.