Angel City Chorale (www.angelcitychorale.org) reflects the spirit and diversity of Los Angeles in its membership, music, and its commitment to "Building Community One Song at a Time." ACC's national reputation is growing thanks to its viral YouTube video Africa and the choir's appearance on this season's America's Got Talent.
Partner with the Artistic Director in advancing the mission of Angel City Chorale, with specific responsibility for the financial, administrative, marketing, communications and fund development areas.
REPORTS TO:Chair, Board of Directors
STATUS: Part-time up to 60%, hours flexible
LOCATION: Home office in Greater Los Angeles area required
EXPECTED STARTING DATE: September 1, 2018
1. ADMINISTRATION: Responsible for meeting all areas of operation, including but not limited to facility operations, executing legal and contractual commitments approved by the Board, managing the budget and personnel management.
2. FUND DEVELOPMENT: In partnership with the Board, responsible for developing and executing both the internal and external fundraising activities, including but not limited to raffles, grant applications and donor appreciation events, such as receptions.
3. MARKETING AND EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS: Responsible for oversight of all marketing areas, including branding, website, digital and print materials, press materials, programs, newsletters and social media.
4. CHORUS MANAGEMENT: Develop and maintain a system of recruitment, retention, skill development and communication for and with members of the chorale. Schedule and manage rehearsals, including the hiring of accompanists for the rehearsals. Manage the music library.
5. CONCERT MANAGEMENT: With the Artistic Director, create the annual performance schedule. Contract with venues, musicians and any other required personnel. Manage all ticket sales.
- Knowledge and essential skills
a. Proven experience in negotiating, monitoring and administering contracts for artistic personnel; generating and supervising budgets for productions.
b. Ability to read, understand and prepare all types of contracts
c. Strong organization skills including the ability to prioritize, track, and move forward on several projects simultaneously
d. Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- Minimum requirements: Essential functions and abilities
a. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
b. Excellent ability to work with diverse individuals and understanding and appreciation of volunteer culture
c. Able to use a computer keyboard for several hours daily
d. Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and social media platforms
- Education, Experience and Licensing
a. College graduate, arts management training preferred
b. Five years in senior management
c. Knowledge and understanding of choral music and community chorus.
d. Valid driver’s license with applicable car insurance with good driving record
Compensation depends on qualifications and time commitment.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and 2 professional references to email@example.com.
Angel City Chorale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.