25 Sep 2017
31 Dec 2017
The Director of the Classic Service will have primary responsibility for the worship and music ministry at the Sunday Classic Service. The Director is a member of the Woodside staff and reports to the Pastor and the Session. The individual we seek will possess:
- A personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ.
- A calling to music ministry and a desire to lead others in the worship of God.
- An openness to and appreciation for various styles of worship.
- A willingness to expand the kingdom of heaven through the use of his/her Spirit given gifts.
- A commitment to prayer and personal, professional, and spiritual growth.
- Self motivation with strong Leadership, Interpersonal, Organizational, and Communication skills.
- A warm enthusiastic personality, a sense of humor, and a commitment to collaborating with pastor, staff, and laity.
- Enjoyment of and successful experience as a Worship Leader and Choir Director.
- Flexibility and an innovative and creative approach to ministry.
- Proficiency on the keyboard is highly desirable.
The Director of the Classic Service will have the following responsibilities:
- 10:30 am Sunday Classic Service - The Director will have primary responsibility for the music at this service, give direction to the Organist and coordinate soloists, duets, quartets, and instrumentalists.
- Classic Choir - The Director will recruit members, select music, direct rehearsals and performances. Rehearsals: Thursdays evenings, Sing every Sunday, 10:30 a.m. service.
- The Woodside Ringers - The Director will recruit members, select music and direct rehearsals and performances. Rehearsals:Wednesdays, perform as scheduled.
- Special Services and Events - The Director will plan and participate in the following services and events with the Pastor and other members of the Creative team: Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter and Unity services.
- Woodside Brass - The Director will communicate with and include this brass ensemble in the worship services.
- Administrative Oversight of Support Teams – The Director will recruit, train, and supervise the Communion, Audio Visual, and Worship Leaders teams.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Director of Classic Worship