04 Jun 2018
Houston Chapter - SPEBSQSA / Tidelanders
31 Oct 2018
The Houston Tidelanders (the Houston Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society) have been active in the greater Houston Metropolitan community for 70+ years, with a long tradition of performing at high levels. We are currently conducting a search for a Musical Director and an Associate Director. Both of these are contract positions. They report to the Chapter Chairman of the Music and Performance Committee.
The ideal Musical Director candidate will have:
1. 5+ years of experience directing preferably a cappella style vocal ensemble(s).
2. The ability to develop a strong, engaged music team and work as a team member.
3. The ability to work closely with the Chairman of the Music and Performance team, and other Chapter leadership.
4. The desire and ability to help the Tidelanders perform at an “A” level in all musical areas.
5. The desire and ability to work with coaches to achieve chorus goals.
6. The desire to continue to develop his or her director skills through attendance at the Barbershop Harmony Society’s Directors’ College and other workshops.
Candidates for Associate Director should possess similar qualities.
These are contract positions. This is a part-time position; compensation will be discussed as part of the application process.
If you are interested in applying for one or both positions, please submit a resume covering your relevant experience, and indicating which position(s) you wish to apply for, to President@houstontidelanders.org by October 31, 2018.