28 May 2018
Woodinville Unitarian Universalist Church
01 Jul 2018
Duties include planning the musical offerings for worship services to coordinate with monthly worship themes, developing and directing the choir members and other musicians, and serving as leader for the church’s choir music ministry.
- Weekly choir rehearsals currently scheduled on Thursday evenings from 6:45 to 9:15 pm.
- Sunday morning choir rehearsals and Worship services every other Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Quarterly choir retreats/rehearsals for six hours each. Two annual choir festivals requiring additional rehearsal and performance time, occasional additional rehearsals as needed.
- Monthly meetings with the Worship Team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of music and choral directing; Coursework in music theory and applications, and continuing education in application of musical constructs and theories and leadership,
- Ability to develop, organize and lead the church’s musical ministry.
- Work collaboratively with the Worship Team and Minister
- Teach good vocal and group singing techniques.
- Build confidence and morale.
- Create fun and dynamic environment.
- Interact positively with visitors, attendees, members, church leadership, staff and other music professionals.
- Utilize email and spread sheets.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and share information in an organized manner.
- Church member or non-church member.
- Be willing to submit to a background check.
- Basic knowledge of Unitarian Universalism, its principles and values or be willing to attend a series of introductory classes on Unitarian Universalism.
- Quick study on WUUC database and shared documents on Google Docs
$500 per month for approximately 6 hours per week on average. This is an exempt, 10 month, part time position from mid August to mid June. This position is not benefit eligible.
Submit a letter of application with a resume to: Woodinville Unitarian Universalist Church PO BOX 111 – Woodinville, WA 98072 – or email Office@WUUC..org Attention Donna Johnson. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled or cancelled.