11 Jul 2018
The Washington Chorus
23 Jul 2018
The Grammy Award-winning Washington Chorus seeks an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Box Office and Patron Service Manager, a part-time member of its 5-person administrative team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Audience Services, the Box Office and Patron Service Manager is responsible for implementing all ticketing-related aspects of the season.
- Ensure accurate and timely fulfillment of all ticketing orders and patron requests
- Manage ticket inventory for in-house, presenting venues, and third-party sellers
- Create and update events in Patron Manager (the Chorus’ ticketing and patron database), including seat and pricing maps, subscription packages, and promo codes
- Provide sales reports, patron lists, and additional information as requested
- Maintain accurate patron contact information in Patron Manager and MailChimp (the Chorus’ email marketing service), and respond to do-not-mail requests
- Submit transaction details to finance department, reconciling quarterly
- Provide concert-day front-of-house customer service at the Hospitality Table, with tickets held for VIP patrons, lost ticket passes, and other ticketing issue resolution
- Assist in preparing mailings, electronic communications, and social media posts
- Other duties as assigned, including merchandise sales, special events, and physical mailings
The successful applicant will have excellent phone and customer service skills and enthusiasm for interacting with customers on a daily basis. They will demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team. Applicant will have strong written and verbal skills and careful attention to detail. Must be available for occasional night and weekend work, as required. Ticketing software experience will be considered an asset.
About The Washington Chorus
Under the direction of Artistic Director Christopher Bell, The Washington Chorus (TWC), now in its 58th season, is one of the foremost symphonic choruses in the nation. Noted for the superb artistry of its performances and recordings of the entire range of the choral repertoire, TWC is widely recognized as a cultural leader in the nation’s capital. A three-time nominated and two-time Grammy Award winner, the 180-voice Washington Chorus presents an annual subscription series at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, regularly performs at the invitation of the National Symphony Orchestra, and appears annually at the Music Center at Strathmore in Maryland and Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts in Virginia.
The Washington Chorus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
4301 Connecticut Ave., NW, Suite 360 • Washington, DC 20008
Tel. 202.342.6221 • Fax 202.342.8208 • www.thewashingtonchorus.org
$15 hourly, not to exceed $24,000 annually
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.