21 Aug 2017
Handel Choir of Baltimore
15 Dec 2017
Handel Choir of Baltimore is a highly respected 40+-member auditioned community-based oratorio ensemble which presents baroque, classical and early romantic works with period instrument orchestras, as well as modern repertoire and newly commissioned works. Handel Choir has an 82-year history in the Baltimore cultural landscape.
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications: master's degree or doctorate in music, preferably in choral conducting; three years or more experience conducting college/university or community vocal ensembles; extensive orchestral experience within major choral-orchestral repertoire; evidence of excellent understanding of vocal technique and diction.
Primary responsibilities of the Artistic Director and Conductor include:
· Providing overall artistic leadership for Handel Choir
· Overseeing all artistic aspects including choice of repertoire
· Preparing for and conducting rehearsals and concerts; coaches guest artists and soloists
· Auditioning and selecting new chorus members and re-auditioning current members
· Auditioning, selecting and contracting artistic personnel including orchestra contractor, guest vocal soloists and quartet of professional choristers
· Serving as the primary artistic spokesperson for the organization, representing Handel Choir in media appearances, and participating in community activities that further the positive reputation of the organization
· Working collaboratively with the Managing Director
· Working collaboratively with the Board of Trustees to support organizational activities including, but not limited to, collaboration with the Board artistic committee and on selected Board initiatives.
The full job description is at http://www.handelchoir.org/Personnel.htm
Compensation negotiable and commensurate with experience. This is a part time position.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com. The application must include:
· Letter of application
· Curriculum vitae
· Names of three references (with full title, email and phone number)
· List of repertoire conducted in the last three years (Do not send programs, DVDs or recordings at this time).
Applications will be reviewed until December 15, 2017.
Questions? Call 667.206.4120 and leave a message.