22 Aug 2017
Vancouver Chamber Choir
30 Sep 2017
The Vancouver Chamber Choir is accepting applications for the position of Artistic Director.
Founded in 1971 by conductor Jon Washburn, the twenty-voice Vancouver Chamber Choir is one of Canada’s outstanding professional vocal ensembles and has been praised for its diverse repertoire and performing excellence.
The Artistic Director is responsible to the Board of Directors of the Society and has a many-faceted and prominent role in the choral community of Vancouver as well as throughout Canada and around the world.
Each season the choir produces as many as ten concerts in the Metro Vancouver area, each with its own set of repertoire. In addition there are national and international tours, recordings, and an award-winning suite of educational/community outreach events.
General responsibilities of the Artistic Director include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and articulating the long-range artistic vision of the choir, with implementation through multi-year artistic plans,
- Scheduling, planning, programming and conducting of all rehearsals and concert performances,
- Overseeing commissioned works and liaising with composers,
- Planning and executing the artistic components of educational and community outreach programs,
- Liaising closely with the staff and Board of Directors in the areas of marketing, audience development and community engagement.
Compensation for this full-time position is negotiable and commensurate with experience and will include a full benefits package.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following:
- A résumé outlining education, conducting experience and vocal training,
- a selection of printed programs of previous performances,
- up to three audio recordings,
- and up to three high-resolution videos of professional quality demonstrating a diversity of repertoire.
As video file sizes tend to be too large for email, please upload these to a file sharing platform (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) and include the link in your application.
A short list of candidates will be drawn up after the closing date of September 30. Each candidate will be invited to program, rehearse and conduct a subscription series concert in the choir’s 2018/19 season.
For more information please visit https://vancouverchamberchoir.com/search/.