Chorus America invites you to submit a proposal for our 2018 Conference in Chicago, IL, June 20-23, 2018. Our Conference programming draws on the perspectives and insights of those working in the choral field, as well as in the general nonprofit, educational, and arts sector. The Conference is designed to focus on skill-building and to facilitate collaboration, exploration, and connections on multiple levels.
Chorus America is particularly interested in sessions that engage attendees in unique ways that reach beyond the standard presenter/PowerPoint model. Session formats may include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitated Discussions: present an issue or trend as a conversation among experts followed by Q&A.
- Case Studies: describe a program or project in-depth, focusing on innovative solutions to clearly defined challenges and their implications for the field.
- Skill-Building and Hands-On Learning Experiences: encourage participants to use professional skills to explore a scenario and to teach and learn new tactics.
- Experiential: introduce participants to a topic or issue through a musical or creative presentation followed by reflection, discussion, and questions.
Please note that submitting a session idea or speaker idea does not mean that sessions will be selected for the Conference. If two session proposals are similar, presenters may be contacted to determine if they will be willing to collaborate. A small honorarium may be available for select speaker and sessions; however, acceptance of your proposal does not obligate Chorus America beyond assuring you of a meeting space, audio/visual support, and inclusion in the printed program. A discounted conference registration is available for accepted speakers. Chorus America will not reimburse session organizers for expenses. Presenters are responsible for making these facts clear to other people they invite to participate.
Submissions will be peer-reviewed based on:
- Session Format, Design, Creativity and Delivery
- Presenter Expertise and Experience with Topic
- Clarity of Message
The Call for Sessions closes on Friday, October 20.
Disclosure: All submissions must reflect original work and must adequately document any overlap with previously published or simultaneously submitted presentations from any of the authors. If authors have any doubts regarding whether such overlap exists, they should contact Chorus America. If submitting multiple proposals for review, you must fill out this form for each proposed session.