Chorus America will present a Conducting Masterclass as part of the Annual Conference in Minneapolis on June 13, 2012, from 1-4pm. Four Fellows will have the opportunity to work with members of the professional VocalEssence Ensemble Singers, pianist Charles Kemper, and master conductors Anton Armstrong and Kathy Saltzman Romey on accompanied and a cappella 19th-century Romantic literature.
Fellows will prepare two of these four pieces for the Masterclass:
Der Abend (Opus 64, No. 2), Brahms
Tota pulchra es Maria, Bruckner
Selig sind die reines Herzens sind, Voullaire
My Soul There Is a Country from Six Songs of Farewell, Parry
Fellows will receive:
- A private score study session with Kathy Saltzman Romey prior to the Conference, scheduled at a mutually convenient time via skype
- At least 40 minutes of podium time with the master conductors in front of Conference delegates
- A 30-minute review session with Anton Armstrong and Kathy Saltzman Romey following the Masterclass
- A digital recording of their podium session
- Complimentary registration for the 2012 Chorus America Annual Conference.
Masterclass Participation Fee: $350 for selected Fellows. Fellows will receive a complimentary Conference registration, but are responsible for additional ticketed events, transportation, lodging, and other expenses during the Conference.
The Masterclass application deadline has now passed. Applicants will be notified of their status no later than May 1.
Questions? Contact Anne Grobstich at 202.331.7577 x244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Risers and other equipment for the Conducting Masterclass generously provided by Wenger Corporation.