Applications for Fellows and Scholars are due by January 19. Daily Observers are not required to apply, and can register through the same portal on a first-come, first-served basis
Eligibility Information and Application Requirements
Conducting Fellows, $1,100
The Fellows Program is designed for conductors who have a primary interest in working with choral music and would like to improve their skills working with orchestras. The following categories of applicants are encouraged to apply:
- Applicants who currently serve as conductors of independent or religiously affiliated choruses
- Applicants who currently serve as conductors of choruses affiliated with educational institutions
- Applicants who have completed an advanced degree in choral conducting, but do not currently serve as a conductor
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an advanced degree program in conducting
Applicants for the Fellows program will be required to submit video excerpts that will be reviewed by the Academy faculty selection committee. A video with orchestra is suggested but not required. 12 Fellows will be selected and notification will take place by February 20, 2018.
Conducting Scholars, $650
The Scholars Program is designed for any conductor or conducting student who wishes to learn and become more comfortable with choral-orchestral conducting. Educational training and experience in the field of choral conducting is assumed. The following categories of applicants are encouraged to apply:
- Applicants who have experience conducting at an educational institution, or an independent or religiously affiliated chorus
- Applicants who have completed an undergraduate program in music
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in music
Applicants for the Scholars program will be required to submit video excerpts that will be reviewed by the Academy faculty selection committee. A video with orchestra is suggested but not required. Registration is limited to 16 Scholars. Scholar applicants will be notified no later than March 7, 2018.
Daily Observers, $50 per day
The Daily Observers Program is open to anyone who would like to observe the process of teaching conductors. Registration in this program is available on a daily basis as well as for the full week of the Academy.