Assistant Director, Purdue Musical Organizations
For more than 85 years, Purdue Musical Organizations, PMO, has proudly served the Purdue University family as ambassadors of goodwill on campus, across the country and around the world. PMO is experiencing an unprecedented period of organizational growth, achievement, and stability and invites emerging music educators to join the West Lafayette-based organization for a mutually beneficial professional experience.
As the PMO Assistant Director, you will serve as a collaborative member of PMO’s artistic staff, which is comprised of five full-time employees; with 9 employees total in the department. The PMO Assistant Director is responsible for providing accompaniment, vocal coaching, musical arrangements and leadership for PMO ensembles, specialty groups and soloists. Additional administrative responsibilities include coordinating student retention and assisting with recruitment efforts, alumni and donor relations activities, rehearsal schedules and completing other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in music or music education.
- One year of experience in directing, arranging, accompanying, professional entertainment or vocal coaching.
- Ability to produce, teach, and play a broad range of musical styles.
- High level of communication and professionalism.
- Ability to travel and availability for evening/weekend performances and engagements.
- “All hands in” team approach.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple/varied tasks.
- Familiarity with music writing software Sibelius or Finale.
- Ability to read open scores, play chord changes, and appropriately stylize and improvise related piano parts.
- This position is an Academic Year position. The working months will be August through May.
- This position intends to begin the interview process in March 2021, with a targeted start date in Fall 2021.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Applicants MUST apply online at purdue.edu/careers and seach "PMO Assistant Director"