The Director's job duties and Responsibilities :
1. Select music and obtain Board's approval for choices
2. Conduct all choir and instrumentalist rehearsals and concerts.
3. Select and rehearse instrumentalist rehearsals and concerts
4. Refer administrative details and questions to the president.
5. Coordinate activities and efforts with the president and/or board.
( We are a community chorus just finishing celebrating our 75 years
of singing in Los Alamos. We have a chorus of 50 members and enjoy
singing a wide range of music. We have two concerts, a Spring concert
in May and a winter concert in January. We meet on Tuesdays at 7:00 PM
for 2 hours. )
We have an extensive library of music having built through our 75 years.
From donations from the members, and other supportors, ticket sales
and ad sales we pay our Director and accompianist.
We pay $600.00/ month for a total of $7200.00 per year.
Pease call Chuck Tallman "505-662-9127" or Wendy Swanson "505-695-8034
Due to the Virus pandemic we have not decided yet when we can safely
rehearse and so our application date requirement is not hard fast.